Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My NUMBERS after a little iver 3 months eating Primal

My NUMBERS after a little iver 3 months eating Primal

Shop Now
    I had some blood work done this week this is what is going on in my body after over 3 months of eating a high fat hi protein low carb diet--with a good amount of beer on the weekends
    I have lost about 15 lbs and several inches and have gained some muscle
    I lift weights a few times a week---I am 5 11 and weigh 250-245 with a very good amount of muscle from past weight training throught my life--my goal is 205
    I hope to add some pics soon

total chol= 180
    HDL=37
    Triglyceride=89
    LDL=126
    NON-HDL=143
    Total Chol/HDL=4.9
    Not so bad ---any thoughts?

Peace

Total C/HDL should be under 4.4 I believe. Your HDL should be higher but since you're only 3 months in it could just take time. Eat saturated fats and exercise will help raise your HDL, as well as supplementing vit D and fish oil.

I must mention after the last 3 almost 4 months I have not lost any more weight or that many inches it's very frustrating I must admit I lift weights I know I have gained muscle my strength has gone up but I have at least 50 lbs to lose I still weigh 250 at 5 11
    I do have a good amount of muscle. I keep my carb intake around 30 - 60
    Not sure what to do going to add interval training soon
    Any thoughts?

Getting more frustrated not loosing inches or weight--thinking of doing the Warrior diet paleo style!!

In your OP you say you've lost 15 pounds...
    In your last post you say you are frustrated b/c you're not losing inches or weight???
    You also admit to "drinking a good amount of beer on the weekends".

First off 15 pounds in 3 months is a good amount of weight to lose; I'm somewhat surprised you have lost that if you're drinking beer on weekends. If you're trying to lose another 40-45 pounds, beer is not going to allow that to happen. You could probably get away with a single beer, or maybe even 2 (I doubt it though).

If you're looking to lose that much weight, go Primal. All in.

How much walking are you doing on a daily basis?

Good luck!
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

as far as beer goes my wife drinks almost as much as i do on the weekends and she had lost 34 lbs and many inches---i agree cutting the beer will help but I am still frustrated how long this is taking after 4 months now---I know I have a lot more muscle from hitting the weights but this fat must go--i will revamp and take a look at everything next week and get more into setting goals

It must be a little disconcerting to only loose 15 lbs. I started at 213 lbs on March 4, 2012 and currently weigh 183 as of last Saturday - however we are all different in how we react to this diet. That's 30 lbs in about 62 Days. Here's my secret - strict Paleo - no grains, transfats, dairy or added sugar - none! Intermittent fasting (IF) and High Intensity Workouts twice a week. If you want to loose weight quickly then do not cheat, otherwise be happy with a slower weight loss, you will eventually get there but it will take a lot longer. A typical days diet looks like this - fast till noon then eat 3 to 4 scrambled eggs in coconut oil with onions and red bell peppers, 4 pieces of bacon and an avocado, mid afternoon - can of sardines, dinner - beef, chicken or fish with a salad and vegetable (alternate yams, cauliflower and brussel sprouts). Dark chocolate and a glass of red wine are my treats a couple of times a week.

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook

Thanks canuck416 I am taking your advice to heart!

I am about ready to give this up....

Learn More
    Or you could actually try it first. So far all I hear is compromise and excuses.
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

We don`t give a damn about your world
    With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    We don`t give a damn about your world
    Right now, right now!