Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My NUMBERS after a little iver 3 months eating Primal page

Scott777 is offline Junior Member

My NUMBERS after a little iver 3 months eating Primal

I had some blood work done this week this is what is going on in my body after over 3 months of eating a high fat hi protein low carb diet--with a good amount of beer on the weekends
    I have lost about 15 lbs and several inches and have gained some muscle
    I lift weights a few times a week---I am 5 11 and weigh 250-245 with a very good amount of muscle from past weight training throught my life--my goal is 205
    I hope to add some pics soon

total chol= 180
    HDL=37
    Triglyceride=89
    LDL=126
    NON-HDL=143
    Total Chol/HDL=4.9
    Not so bad ---any thoughts?

Peace

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Total C/HDL should be under 4.4 I believe. Your HDL should be higher but since you're only 3 months in it could just take time. Eat saturated fats and exercise will help raise your HDL, as well as supplementing vit D and fish oil.

I must mention after the last 3 almost 4 months I have not lost any more weight or that many inches it's very frustrating I must admit I lift weights I know I have gained muscle my strength has gone up but I have at least 50 lbs to lose I still weigh 250 at 5 11
    I do have a good amount of muscle. I keep my carb intake around 30 - 60
    Not sure what to do going to add interval training soon
    Any thoughts?

Getting more frustrated not loosing inches or weight--thinking of doing the Warrior diet paleo style!!

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    In your OP you say you've lost 15 pounds...
    In your last post you say you are frustrated b/c you're not losing inches or weight???
    You also admit to "drinking a good amount of beer on the weekends".

First off 15 pounds in 3 months is a good amount of weight to lose; I'm somewhat surprised you have lost that if you're drinking beer on weekends. If you're trying to lose another 40-45 pounds, beer is not going to allow that to happen. You could probably get away with a single beer, or maybe even 2 (I doubt it though).

If you're looking to lose that much weight, go Primal. All in.

How much walking are you doing on a daily basis?

Good luck!
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

as far as beer goes my wife drinks almost as much as i do on the weekends and she had lost 34 lbs and many inches---i agree cutting the beer will help but I am still frustrated how long this is taking after 4 months now---I know I have a lot more muscle from hitting the weights but this fat must go--i will revamp and take a look at everything next week and get more into setting goals

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    It must be a little disconcerting to only loose 15 lbs. I started at 213 lbs on March 4, 2012 and currently weigh 183 as of last Saturday - however we are all different in how we react to this diet. That's 30 lbs in about 62 Days. Here's my secret - strict Paleo - no grains, transfats, dairy or added sugar - none! Intermittent fasting (IF) and High Intensity Workouts twice a week. If you want to loose weight quickly then do not cheat, otherwise be happy with a slower weight loss, you will eventually get there but it will take a lot longer. A typical days diet looks like this - fast till noon then eat 3 to 4 scrambled eggs in coconut oil with onions and red bell peppers, 4 pieces of bacon and an avocado, mid afternoon - can of sardines, dinner - beef, chicken or fish with a salad and vegetable (alternate yams, cauliflower and brussel sprouts). Dark chocolate and a glass of red wine are my treats a couple of times a week.

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook

Thanks canuck416 I am taking your advice to heart!

I am about ready to give this up....

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Or you could actually try it first. So far all I hear is compromise and excuses.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast