Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squatting instead of sitting page

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Wow, check this out.

http://naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html

I *guess* this could be considered a Primal Resource...

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Ha! Good stuff, NeoPaleo. I might have to use it for Weekend Link Love. Cheers!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ya Mark you should definitely link that...now I feel like I need a squatting toilet. My husband has had IBS his whole life and had appendicitis when he was 13, and my grandma has had two serious surgeries for diverticulosis where she nearly died...I had no idea it was all linked that way. Almost frightening really.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

jfellrath is offline Junior Member

My goodness. That certainly is a... thorough look at the issue at hand.

A lot of other countries have their restrooms set up with a porcelain or stainless steel type of drain directly on the floor with 'feet impressions' on either side, meant, primarily, for squatting!

Sure cuts down on the need to purchase those protective seat-cover papers people like to use!

Birthing is also primarily accomplished in the squatting position. It opens the hips and lessens the 'station' length of which the baby has to 'travel' through.

Catalina is offline Member

I've had something like this recommended (for those of us who don't have the achiles tendons and balance to squat up top of a toilet):

http://www.healthstep.com/

I'd like to hear more about whether this really is very healthy and worth doing--haven't tried it.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I've been squatting down (though not in the bathroom) after seeing Mark do it in one of his videos (demonstrating sprints I believe.) I can squat longer but I still can't stay that way for long yet. I've gotten to the point where I don't need to hold onto something to get into position, AND it's much easier on the kneecaps to clean the floor when squatting. I try to squat at the computer when possible too. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around squatting on the toilet. :P

In college, we had a male dorm with Vietnamese kids who squatted EVERYWHERE. Even in the restroom stalls where the stupid doors were missing...there they were, squatting away!

Miriam Guest

Gotta try this next time I am in Singapore – wherever you go there are always the squatting stalls as well as the “normal” toilets.

I squat while cleaning (and also gardening) as well Diana, just find it easy and also means I always have a “seat”!

SullynNH Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

had them in Turkey too when I was stationed there...makes sense. When I was in altitude chamber training, they taught us to kind of do that by rounding the back...helps get the gas bubble moving(not a fun experience as air/gas expands at altitude)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast