Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squatting instead of sitting page 2

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

If I squatted, I would not be able to get up again with my bad knees unless I fell over sideways.

Not saying the theories are wrong, just saying I'm grateful for the western toilet! As I would say, most elderly.

I remember those holes in the stone floors in the public loo in Cairo.

Catalina is offline Member

Diana, have you found that in addition to staying in a squat longer, you are more flexible (like getting your butt closer to the ground), or were you already able to get down low?

Bayou, the "fell over sideways" comment made me laugh! (But just 'cuz I applied the image to myself--that would be me!)

AdamKayce is offline Junior Member

I've been a squatter for over fifteen years now, and the idea of sitting is just bizarre to me now.

I got started when I was stuck in the countryside for a few days at a house with broken plumbing - trial by fire, huh? (Thank goodness we had a shovel.) Anyhow, those three days of forced squatting made such a difference to me that I've never gone back.

It does take a little time to get your flexibility back, if you're not used to it, but less time than you'd think.

Oh, and I've seen people buy all kinds of contraptions, get new toilets, whatever - totally unnecessary. Just lift up the seat and climb aboard. (Oh, I'm 6'4", by the way, so this is not a technique reserved for smaller people, either!)

NicoB is offline Senior Member

LOL!

AK you're 6'4" but what is you weight, I could just imagine myself trying it and then having to explain how exactly did the toilet bowl snap in half...

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

when I lived in Adana Turkey the public bathrooms were holes in the floor and you had to squat! xoxo Darlene

SullynNH Guest

PG--I know what you mean about Adana, I was stationed at Incirlik...

Loved Turkey BTW....a must visit if anyone gets the chance

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

I've just got back from a Korea and Japan theme park tour. Quite a few of the public bathrooms have squat toilets. I didn't have to poop in one but I used them a couple of times and it's kinda hard not to splash one's feet a bit. :/

62shelby Guest

They still have the porcelain hole in the floor toilets in some places in France.....I would rather s#*t in the woods like a bear.

Arent there birthing stools as well to make giving birth easier because its more gravity fed, rather than laying on a stupid bed like a dead bug upside down? then having to push against gravity?

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

My goodness, it seems like the more information we dig into the more complicated the topic of "food for optimal health" gets. It starts to look like a bit like obsession.

OnTheBayou, then you probably don't want to go in those hole-bathrooms they have in those countries people are referring to I'm from Ukraine and they still have those babies in pretty much every single public bathroom. Not only you have to pay to get in there, but you also most certainly don't want to fall there as people usually miss the hole and do the deed all over the place.

NicoB, I almost fell off my chair laughing. I just got that vision of a heavy man or woman trying to climb on top of a tinny tiny toilet and then falling off of it or breaking it Hilarious.

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

There was actually a hilarious sign in a Japanese "western style" toilet showing how to sit on it (ie not facing backwards and not standing on it and squatting). I took a photo but I've only been back one day so haven't uploaded it anywhere yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast