Thread: fatloss stalled page

curtk69 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy fatloss stalled

Shop Now
    i am 43, 5 ft 9 and have worked out in a gym with weights for most of my adult life. i peaked at about 198.5 after being layed off for 3-4 months and xmas over eating and consumption of alchohol.

i was working out intensely with weights 20 -30 minuts 5 days a week working the whole body once per week. i also started doin sprints 2-3 times per week on a recumbant bike with 8 all out 30 sec sprints followed by 90-120 seconds rest in between. with 2 minutes warmup and cooldown.

i started the primal diet about feb 2012. in the next 6 weeks i lost about 10 lbs but have failed to lose anything in the last 4 weeks.
    my abdominals used to measure 42 mm with skinfold calipers near the navel, it still measures about 26-28 mm.

this is a typical days calories;

bf 530 am- 4 large eggs and heaping tbsp full of shredded low/zero carb cheezee, with tbsp each of fresh onions, red and yellow peppers plus 3 tbsp of mushroooms with a tsp of olive oil or butter as pan lubrication. plus a little squirt of ketchup or salsa calories estimate[325]

snack 9am; can of tuna or salmon with onions and celery and tsp of olive oil or olive oil mayo [300]

lunch 12pm large handful of salad greens with oinions, peppers, heaping tbsp of shredded cheeze, can of tuna or half a chicken breast plus tbsp each of olive oil, lemon juice, high fat low carb salad dressing [450]

snack 3pm cup full of mini carrots 3 boiled eggs[250]

6pm dinner; 12 0z sirloin steak with small handfull of mushrooms and onions suateed in 2 tbsp butter[750]

bedtime snak 9pm lean wildmeat sausage [200]

total calories 2250

i try to choose healthy farm fresh eggs and pasture grown red meats.

i dont believe i am obese or anything but im far from showing off a sixpack. im lean enough to see i have one but its just hiding under about 3-4 inches of extra circumference on my waist which is probly about 35-36 inches right now.
    i have been back at work as a construction worker 2.5 weeks now and am much more active during the day with walking and doing stairs with some high effort work as a result im now only doing one whole body workout very intensely once per week and still havent seen any new progress.

am i eating too many calories and or not active enough?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Check out leangains.com
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

js290 is offline Senior Member

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    No wonder with all that snacking. Eat less. Skip a meal here and there and don't make up for it at the next meal. You shouldn't be snacking at all. 1-2 meals a day is plenty for me. There's no reason why you should be eating more than 3. It's totally unnatural.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    That's a lot of meals a day. Are you feeling hungry when you're eating or are you eating the 6 meals a day because CW tells you to constantly keep yourself full through grazing?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ss14 is offline Member
    Yep, keep it to three meals. If you need to eat sausage three hours after a 12-oz. steak, your satiety signalling is basically nonfunctional. That dinner should keep you full till dawn at least. You don't have to cut out the sausage, just eat it with dinner.

35-36 is kind of a big waist for someone who doesn't sound all that fat overall. Makes me wonder about insulin signalling, as that is often functioning poorly in people with a lot of belly fat. I had the same problem and got down to a 31 by eating three meals and not eating after 7 p.m., so that might be worth a try. I didn't even eat as "clean" as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ss14 View Post
    Yep, keep it to three meals. If you need to eat sausage three hours after a 12-oz. steak, your satiety signalling is basically nonfunctional. That dinner should keep you full till dawn at least. You don't have to cut out the sausage, just eat it with dinner.

35-36 is kind of a big waist for someone who doesn't sound all that fat overall. Makes me wonder about insulin signalling, as that is often functioning poorly in people with a lot of belly fat. I had the same problem and got down to a 31 by eating three meals and not eating after 7 p.m., so that might be worth a try. I didn't even eat as "clean" as you do.
    i eat 6 times a day cuz that is the conventional thinking in bodybuilding circles to get as many small meals of protein for better absorption plus i work outside and out of town 45 minutes and if i miss a coffee break meal its 3-4 more hrs to the next meal.
    so with being a construction worker like this and eating frquently like bodybuilders suggest for anabolism ive gotten used to it for last 20 yrs.

i already skipped breakfeat at 545am and had it at work at 645 today the skipped 1st coffee break meal at 930 am in favor of a coffee with a little sugar and creamer and hunger was not so bad at all by noon.

and probly will skip bedtime snack as i wasnt even hungry last nite. still used to the routine as when eating carbs , if i didnt eat before bed i would sometimes not be able to sleep my stomach would b growling so loud.
    Last edited by curtk69; 04-26-2012 at 05:31 PM.

that leangains website looks really interesting. im continually amazed at how much bunk has been passed on by the main stream media in service to big pharma, supplement /diet company , cafo ,