Thread: THIS is why KIDS are fat! page

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

THIS is why KIDS are fat!

Primal Fuel
    So, I took my 4 yr old to karate class. On the way home stopped at Skyline for FOUR hotdogs for him (35lb little boy). Anyhow, I'm not too Nazi, he is 80/20 primal just like me. He gets a couple of crap meals a week just like I do....

Anyway he eats all four in record time. 45 freaking minutes later "Dad...I'm hungry!" He won't give up ....He wants "daddy's pancakes"....2-3 eggs and one banana blended, fried in coconut oil and served with a bit of honey on top. Rediculous. He would never ask for food 45 minutes after eating ANY primal meal I had prepared at home. He gets 3 squares a day without complaint and on occasion just 2...yes he prefers to IF naturally a couple days a week.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Palatability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Satiety and palatability

Appetite is controlled by a direct loop and an indirect one. In both the direct and indirect loops there are two feedback mechanisms. First a positive feedback involving its stimulation by palatability food cues, and second, a negative feedback due to satiation and satiety cues following ingestation.[9] In the indirect loop these cues are learnt by association such as meal plate size and work by modulating the potency of the cues of the direct loop.[10] The influence of these processes can exist without subjective awareness.[11]
    The cessation of a desire to eat after a meal "satiation" is likely to be due different processes and cues.[12] More palatable foods reduce the effects of such cues upon satiation causing a larger food intake.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Hmmm....I was thinking he got near zero real nutrition out of the Skyline crap and then wanted some actual Nutritious food to compensate. He sure didn't ask for more hot dogs . But consider a child who doesn't eat primal 80+% of the time. They likely would dive into more crap trying to make up for the lack of nutrition. That was my thought anyhow.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I might actually need to make that quote my new signature.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Hmmm....I was thinking he got near zero real nutrition out of the Skyline crap and then wanted some actual Nutritious food to compensate. He sure didn't ask for more hot dogs . But consider a child who doesn't eat primal 80+% of the time. They likely would dive into more crap trying to make up for the lack of nutrition. That was my thought anyhow.
    Sure. That, too.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!