Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CRP is 4.2 - FREAKED OUT! Couple of questions... page 2

valeo44 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, Keith, I realize that. Thanks for saying it straight up... Your stats are impressive!
    I'm just going to have to go strict primal and figure out why I keep sabotaging myself and going back to my old SAD ways. I was looking for some concrete experience related to lowering CRP specifically through primal... But I guess if it can lower all other levels for the better (sugar, cholesterol, etc), CRP should be lowered as well...
    "Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's *just* a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, 'He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man', or 'That's not a diamond, it's just a rock.' Just."
    ~ Finding Neverland

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Give up grains - they are inflammatory. 40% is nowhere near Primal.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Nossar is offline Member
    totally amazed at reading this thread!!!

That kind of CRP level is completely normal and good! Mine went up to 144, believe me you do not want to try that, I spent one month at my local hospital. 5... I wish I had 5 lol... Everything between 0 and 10 is fine. So feel reassured.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think your elevated CRP is probably due to chronic inflammation caused by refined oils and grains. I had slightly elevated CRP (and triglycerides, and weight, and lots of chronic pain which I blamed on exercise, and insulin resistance) before I switched to this diet.

I have not tested my blood again, but I am betting all is well now because thanks to the change in diet the chronic inflammation is gone, the insulin resistance is gone, the obesity is gone and I just feel like a totally different person.

You really should commit to giving this a shot. I suggest trying something very strict like the Whole 30 and make your 20% cheats on that with stuff like cheese, wine or chocolate and do no cheats at all on things like grains, sugar or refined oils. It's really no hardship. Salt, beef, butter. It's all back on the table. Who needs packaged crap food meant to enslave you, make you weak, sick and dependent and give you moobs?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Nossar is offline Member
    But I still don't understand folks, a CRP below 10 is completely normal, not elevated??? why let him freak out when everything is completely normal.

Even my doctor isn't concerned when it is around 15.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I guess I assumed the doctor told him it was high.

He should still get better adherence than 40% to the Primal Blueprint diet anyway.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Nossar is offline Member
    of course, 40% is not enough BUT he should also know that a simple cold will raise his CRP levels up to 11/12... 4.2 is nothing to worry about. Mine is never below 10, now around 80/90 but I have chronic issues of spondylitis with a recent intense flare up around 144 (with a VS around 200) so...

CaveCanem is offline Member
    There are different tests, and I think I had the one you had because my number came back at 4 and my naturopath freaked. In six weeks I lowered the number to under 1 by going very low carb. When I went back in my doctor freaked again because she got the lab results backwards and though I had jumped to 4 in six weeks. She thought I had had a car accident and didn't tell her. It was pretty funny. Anyway, I would say adhere strictly to paleo, keeping you sweet potato/fruit intake on the low side. Also, there are amino acids and vitamins you can take that will help ease you off of high carb living. If you want more info you can message me.

Nossar is offline Member
    doing blood tests is fine, overreacting on them can bring up anxiety when it isn't necessary.

Nossar is offline Member
    I thought that maybe you had different blood tests in the US with different ranges but no CRP levels are indicated as normal within a range of 0.1 and 10 mg/liter of blood.
    Your doctors would have had a heart attack with my 144 CRP lol... well they DID take it seriously at the hospital and I DID stay a month but my regular GP has never been worried about my CRP being over 10 for 5 years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast