Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to get seriously lean... page 2

mstrudle is offline Member

Primal Fuel

It is most difficult around noon when I break my daily fasts, because my body is used to getting food then... after that it gets easier, then I get hungry around dinner time, and then it is fine again. I've never felt any colder than I usually do, but once you hit low BF, in general you are pretty cold.

I tend to drink a large amount of tea during this time... if you do the same, or drink coffee, terminate it 4-5 hours before bed, or you're not going to be able to sleep.

I also tested my BF today... 7.9%, down from 13.2% two months ago (albeit with an electrical hand measurement device). I had also gained 7.5 pounds of lean mass.

ToniWA is offline Senior Member

@GrockinOut ~ I generally eat between 1800-2100 calories...not counting at all yet, just end up that way. My carbs are always between 50-100 for now and I think I might cut fruit once I get closer to my competition to cut even more carbs, but for now I still have my acai berry protein smoothie in the morning - too darned good to give up early

I'll post some pics soon!

@mstrudle ~ Rock on!

:^)

mstrudle is offline Member

ToniWA - Thank you; I'm trying to hit the lowest BF I can realistically, just to see if I can do it. I'm looking forward to see your photos when you reach your goal. Can you post the recipe for your smoothie? It sounds pretty good.

Sterling is offline Member

iniquity - You can only get lean by eating fewer calories than your body needs. To get a true sense of how much you are eating, I'd weigh every gram of food for at least a week.

You have to know that you are in a calorie deficit.

I'd also make sure that your protein is high. Make protein your base and then build from that.

For example, a very rough estimate for weight loss @ 162 would be 1944 calories/day. So, on average, I'd eat about 240 grams of protein/day (960 cals)(roughly 50% of your calories) and make up the rest with fat and carbs. High protein will help satiety. Increase your carbs on big muscle days and decrease them on rest days. I'd separate your sprint days from your lift days. Hope that helps and makes sense. Feel free to contact me for further help.

@mstrudle My breakfast is~

Optimum Nutrition Egg Protein (3g carb/24g protein)

Green Vibrance (greens/spirulina/probiotics 7g carbs)

Sambazon Rio Blend Acai berry (only one store in my area sells this, but any frozen berries would be fantastic)

1 TBSP almond or flax oil

My GF thinks it's "icky", but I love it. It's a nice change since it's not too sweet.

I get my bodyfat checked tonight - update later.

Woo hoo ~ you're already at my goal %!

PookDo is offline Senior Member

what's the difference between lean and seriously lean?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

@Sterling, thanks a lot! I might be bugging you in the future for further assistance. I believe at the moment I must be eating at a calorie deficit but I've been thinking of buying a food scale just to be sure and to get more accurate fitday numbers. I've inputed a regular day's worth of food, sometimes over estimating and have gotten under 1800 calories but like you said I won't truly know unless I measure.

Any reason why I shouldn't lift then sprint? I do it for time-saving purposes, and because I only exercise when I'm at school and can use their facilities, every other day I'm usually working. I can sprint outside though, I've just read it's beneficial to follow up weights with "cardio" for weight loss.

@PookDo, I guess that's subjective. My interpretation of "seriously lean" for a male is a BF in either the lower teens or high single digits (8%) and having very little visible fat. My ulterior motive for achieving this goal is to fight for my Muay Thai gym, or to put myself close enough to that goal before I begin fight training. I've got the skills, but I've always struggled to make weight, now that I've found a healthy way to do it, I want to push myself. The ring isn't going anywhere so I want to do it safe and responsibly, no shortcuts, but I made this thread to capitalize on a good thing and accelerate the process if possible and prudent.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

PookDo is offline Senior Member

iniQuity: I was being somewhat sarcastic but I get what you mean.Being primal and doing Muay Thai over a long enough period of time you would think would be enough.I took some phase classes several years ago at the Minnesota Kali group and I remember how brutal it was

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

*Off-topic* PookDo, you still in Minnesota? A Southern MN native right here. Currently Mankato. There's talk of a primal meet-up in the twin-cities area for the Midwest Groks and Grokettes sometime in the late spring/summer.

*On-topic* I am also looking to lean out just for sh*ts and giggles. I am currently sitting at probably 10%-13% BF range and I'd like to see if I could get down to ~7%. Just a fun, personal challenge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast