Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dark choc craving after every meal???? page

Ace
    Ace is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi,

I've been following Primal blueprint pretty well and crossfitting for about 5 months now. Been feeling absolutly great, the fat is melting off ie lost 7lb's and realy pleased about that and I'm stronger, leaner and fitter than ever before.

But over the last few weeks I've noticed after nearly every meal now I'm fancing chocolate??? I don't understand it - it started as a 1 square treat after my evening meal whenever I fancied one but now it seems to be pretty much every time I eat and I don't understand it??

It's not a sweet craving either as I have tried fruit, or other sweet things and nothing does it except Bournville or an After Eight (I have also tried 75% & 85% chocs and they don't seem to hit the same spot either?

Any ideas please??

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

I used to do the same thing - I would have a square of dark chocolarte after lunch and soon I couldn't live without it! Then it progressed to 2 squares, then 3. If you're concerned about it, just go cold turkey - don't keep it around - and pretty soon you'll forget about it.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

I can't have Trader Joe's 70% chocolate covered almonds near me. For me, they're clearly addictive. But I can have plain 70% and 85% chocolate around, no problem. So I stick with those and keep the other stuff out of the house.

In reality, this means that I do pick up a tub of choc-covered almonds when I go to TJ's once a month. After eating a dozen and realizing I can't stop, I call for help. My husband pries the tub out of my hands, and then takes it to work to give to his coworkers. :-P

jostle is offline Senior Member

Ya, I noticed this starting to happen with me after dinner. Usually a bar of the dark chocolate would last a week or more, but now it only seems to last a couple days. This coming weekend, I'll prob go cold turkey for a week or two to get it back in check.

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Hehe! I'm in the same boat. Those chocolate-covered almonds are dangerous, Pikaia!

When I started PB, I put away a whole bar of Trader Joe's sugar-free chocolate (with maltitol) with almond butter almost every night. Now when I have a chocolate craving, I usually go for a ZC chocolate protein powder (with stevia) with almond milk. But I still have a few squares of the chocolate from time to time. Sugar alcohol seems like a harmless cheat. As near as I can tell the only effect is gastrointestinal distress after large quantities (which hasn't happened to me).

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

i cant find any dark enough to try but i would try it! i would not EVER "cheat' with SA...holly potty experience!!!!!!!!!!

shastagirl Guest

omgosh yes chocolate covered almonds are addictive for me too! my father in law just bought a huge jar over. i am trying my best to ignore it....so....tempting...delicious...frozen...chocol ate...almonds.

Ace
    Ace is offline Junior Member

Ok I guess I'm not the only one then lol

I thought I was lacking something and needed to up something or include something else but I guess it's just normal?

lesliek is offline Member

I eat chocolate every day. If it were the sweeter stuff, it would probably be an issue for me, but I stick in the 85-90% range most of the time (lots of saturated fat, little sugar). I would try to up your cacao content, if possible. I'd love to just be able to eat the pure cacao with maybe a couple berries and avoid the cane sugar altogether.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

Some believe that chocolate cravings can indicate a need for magnesium. And before going Primal, I did notice that my chocolate cravings waned when I regularly took a cal/mag/D supplement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast