Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dark choc craving after every meal???? page 2

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I feel that craving after most lunches (less so dinners) when I'm at home. I do tend to give in. But I'm not so sure that's a bad thing, because if I didn't I'd tend to be eating other stuff and ultimately more carbs/calories than the one thing I really want. There's something about the intensity of flavor that nothing else matches. But I know that there's a lifetime of psychological conditioning behind this -- my parents, now in their mid-80s, have cookies or cake after every single lunch.

Dez
    Dez is offline Junior Member

I'm trying to kick the chocolate habit too. My latest distraction is to buy 70% choc in 'powder' form (which as far as i can tell is basically a ground up chocolate bar), add some cocoa powder (100%, just to up the cocoa percentage), some cinnamon, ginger and chili powder and make a ripper hot chocolate (sans milk). It's intense, you don't need much and it fills you up like a dessert...

maba is offline Senior Member

What you describe used to be me until recently Ace. I've read Pikaia's explanation for chocolate cravings on the Weston A. Price website too. After I got pregnant, my chocolate cravings have reduced (I still eat them but I don't "need" them like before). I wonder if it has anything to do with the pre-natals that I'm taking - it has Mg.

Ace
    Ace is offline Junior Member

Intersting stuff guys - I'm already taking an extra mag sup. (because I know high intesity workouts cause mag depletion) on top of my multi-vit + aminos + eskimo 3 + vit c that I take so I'm kinda doubtful but will look into it maybe I need more?

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Try lil_earthmom's recipe for chocolate bark, with CO and chopped nuts. Amazing, it helped me completely overcome my choc cravings (the CO keeps me from eating too much, and no guilt).

lesliek is offline Member

Oooh. Where is this fantastic sounding recipe located?

Darthash is offline Senior Member

I crave something sweet after every meal, though i have only been 100% PB for about 2 weeks, so it may go. I have been drinking berries + Apple shakes in the morning to try and stop the craving, other than that i am meat all the way. also the shake has not releived the craving so i'll try other things.

Lillian is offline Member

I get 100% baker's chocolate (which is extremely bitter if you eat it alone) and break it up and melt it over some berries/fruit. sometimes half a banana, but bananas make me hungrier. the chocolate bar usually lasts me 2 weeks... in fact, I think I still have some downstairs..

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12