Thread: Sweet Potato and Bison Lasagna page

steve.mull is offline Member

Sweet Potato and Bison Lasagna

Primal Fuel
    I picked up a pound of ground Bison the other day and was looking for ideas. Couldn't find anything that interested me and was having a craving for lasagna so I came up with this recipe.

Ingredients
    1-2 Sweet Potatoes
    1lb Ground Bison
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 block cream cheese
    2 cups tomato sauce
    1 cup shredded cheese
    1/2 cup parmesan
    1/2 cup mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped red pepper
    2 tbsp parsely
    1 tbsp salt
    1 tbsp pepper
    1 tbsp italian seasoning
    6-8 strips bacon

Preheat Oven to 350

First start by slicing your sweet potato in to very thin slices either with a mandolin or a knife.
    Once done slicing, place potato in a zip lock bag with a few tbsp olive oil and shake to coat.

Add some olive oil to a pan and sautee mixed veggies. Remove from pan and put to side.

Brown ground bison and drain oil and put meet to side.

This is where I messed up. I originally just put the bacon on top of the lasagna and placed in the oven. This caused all the bacon grease to overflow the pan and make a mess. So I suggest pre cooking your bacon to remedy this.

Mix cottage and cream cheese in bowl with spices and herbs. May need to heat up the cream cheese to get it to mix easily.

Take your lasagna dish, I used a 9X9 glass dish, and start laying down your sweet potato slices like you would if you were using noodles. A slight overlap worked well.

From here on just layer all the ingredients. I did potato, cheese, veggies, meat, tomato sauce, potato, cheese veggies, meat, tomato, potato bacon, shredded cheese.

Bake in 350 degree oven for around 50-60 minutes, keep an eye on it to make sure top layer doesn't get burnt, or juices don't spill over in your oven.

Let cool for 10-20 minutes before you cut to give time for ingredients to settle, otherwise it will look sloppy.

Enjoy.

RReznik is offline Junior Member
    How did it taste?

steve.mull is offline Member
    As my wife said, (who is not a fan of lasagna at all) "It's F'ing Amazing!"