Thread: Carrot Spiced Pork Meatballs page

lowen75 is offline Junior Member

Carrot Spiced Pork Meatballs

Shop Now
    CarrotSpicedPorkMeatballs-72.jpg
    I came up with this recipe because I was looking for a new creative way to use ground pork and this fit the bill perfectly. Also, I needed to sneak in some vegetables because my two year old will not touch them unless they are covertly hidden…sigh. And as it turns out the entire family loves them, including me…yum!

Ingredients
    This recipe makes about 20 meatballs. We like left overs…but if you don’t need that many, just half the recipe.

2lbs. of ground pork
    2 Eggs
    2 carrots peeled and shredded
    4 cloves of garlic minced
    3 oz. of tomato paste (or 1/2 can)
    2 tsp. fresh ginger minced
    1 tsp. cardamom
    1 tsp. cumin
    Salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper)
    Coconut oil or Olive oil for frying

Instructions

In one large bowl, mix all of the above ingredients until well blended. Heat coconut oil or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Coconut oil tends to work a little better since it holds up to higher heat. Make meatballs out of the mixture that are about 2 inches in diameter. You don’t want them to be too big because then they get difficult to work with.

At this point, you should preheat your oven to 350.

Once the oil is hot, place the meatballs in the frying pan and brown on each side. Remove the meatballs to a baking dish or cooking tray with a lip (otherwise you will have a mess of drippings on your hands and the bottom of your oven). You may have to do this in several batches until you get through all of the meatball mixture.

Place the meatballs in the oven and let them cook for 25-30 minutes.

When I make these, I serve them with mashed parsnips from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. YUM!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lowen75; 05-05-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Little Miss Sicky Poo
    http://www.littlemisssickypoo.com
    Ultimate health through primal living, fitness and natural healthcare alternatives.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    sounds tasty!

patski is offline Senior Member
    This sounds awesome! Love the addition of cardamom...such an underused spice!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ooh got to try these