Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 weeks on autoimmune protocol page

leanzorik is offline Member

13 weeks on autoimmune protocol

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys,

So I been on a strict (no cheating) autoimmune version of the Paleo diet for the last 13 weeks. But I am not getting the results that I have hoped for by this time.
    So I eliminated tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, white potatoes, eggs, dairy, nuts/seeds, shellfish and fruits in addition to the Paleo diet.

This is what I eat: Meats, chicken, fish (not shellfish though), vegetables (except for the night shade family), coconut oil, avocado, olive oil, sea salt, sea weed (sometimes), organ meats (chicken liver, chicken gizzards, chicken hearts, cow tongue, beef liver), sweet potatos, squash.. My goal was to wait untill I was completely clear and start re-introducing some of these foods but I never got completely clear for longer than 2 weeks.

My psoriasis and acne went away after 8 weeks. Unfortunately the Psoriasis came back about 50% after 2 weeks (after the 8 weeks). And also my acne came back

I have tackled my sleep issues and its slowly improving.
    I also meditate 4 to 5 days per week to reduce stress.
    Made sure to increase my vitamin D intake.
    I fast anywhere from 14 to 18 hours per day. Its actually not that hard now that I am a fat burner
    I am familiar with the GAPS diet but do not really want to go that strict to be honest.
    I am not really interested in mega dosing in supplements, done that in past and it didn't work out.

Eventually I do want to see a functional doctor to figure out what else is going on. But at this time I can't afford it.

I was wondering if anyone here has any other suggestions for me on what I else I can try? Or I should just be patient coz I am still healing?

Obviously I am not gonna just go back to eating crappy food. Because I have already experienced many benefits: weight loss, more energry, no more temporary spring psoriasis outbreak

Thanks in advance

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Do you know what your vitamin D3 levels are? It's tough to control psoriasis without good vitamin D3.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Do you know what your vitamin D3 levels are? It's tough to control psoriasis without good vitamin D3.
    No not yet. I will test it in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to first supplement the full 3 months before testing it. It was 47 before I started supplementing with 10,000 vitamin D3

Quote Originally Posted by leanzorik View Post
    No not yet. I will test it in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to first supplement the full 3 months before testing it. It was 47 before I started supplementing with 10,000 vitamin D3
    Hmmm... 47 is not that bad so you are probably pretty high with the 10k added in.

Did you eliminate all nightshades or just the ones you listed? I find paprika is hidden in LOTS of foods and it is enough to trigger my arthritis.

Sorry - I know I'm grasping at straws a bit. You've tackled a lot of the major offenders. The only other group I can think of is citrus.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Hmmm... 47 is not that bad so you are probably pretty high with the 10k added in.

Did you eliminate all nightshades or just the ones you listed? I find paprika is hidden in LOTS of foods and it is enough to trigger my arthritis.

Sorry - I know I'm grasping at straws a bit. You've tackled a lot of the major offenders. The only other group I can think of is citrus.
    Oh don't worry about it. I need all the help I can get at this point

Yeah I eliminated all nightshades- including paprika, hot spices, etc..
    citrus- well I don't consume it at all since I stopped all fruits too. I do have little lemon in water...

I am considering adding back some fruits. But only limit it to 1 to 3 servings per day.

Oh don't worry about it. I need all the help I can get at this point

Yeah I eliminated all nightshades- including paprika, hot spices, etc..
    citrus- well I don't consume it at all since I stopped all fruits too. I do have little lemon in water...

I am considering adding back some fruits. But only limit it to 1 to 3 servings per day.
    What about omega 3 intake? I am not a fan of super high dose fish oil, but a little omega 3 every day may help tip the inflammation balance in your favor?

Have you tried sun exposure for the affected area? Not ideal, but it can be quite helpful for some people.

What about omega 3 intake? I am not a fan of super high dose fish oil, but a little omega 3 every day may help tip the inflammation balance in your favor?

Have you tried sun exposure for the affected area? Not ideal, but it can be quite helpful for some people.
    Well I do eat fish several times per week. But I have been considering taking krill oil.

I don't get much sun here in NW. But I burn easily from sun when I do get it if I don't protect myself.

Well I do eat fish several times per week. But I have been considering taking krill oil.

I don't get much sun here in NW. But I burn easily from sun when I do get it if I don't protect myself.
    You may want to consider a little nude sunbathing - just 15-30 minutes a few times a week might help push you over the tipping point. Sunlight doesn't just raise vitamin D3 levels - it actually modifies some of the immune cells in skin causing them to be less active. You don't want to go long enough to be getting any sort of burn at all.

I take DHA/EPA supplement a few times a week. I find it more helpful then the krill oil was, but krill would probably be a good start.

You may want to consider a little nude sunbathing - just 15-30 minutes a few times a week might help push you over the tipping point. Sunlight doesn't just raise vitamin D3 levels - it actually modifies some of the immune cells in skin causing them to be less active. You don't want to go long enough to be getting any sort of burn at all.

I take DHA/EPA supplement a few times a week. I find it more helpful then the krill oil was, but krill would probably be a good start.
    aw ic. maybe tanning beds will provide the same effects?

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Any updates? I'm in the same boat.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast