Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Where does excess fat go in a >90% fat diet? page 8

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    @Jakey & Chocotaco

Even Mark Sisson talks about glucose going to fat once glycogen is full :

The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and youíll understand it) | Mark's Daily Apple

"It does this by having the liver and the muscles store some of the excess glucose as glycogen. Thatís the muscle fuel that hard anaerobic exercise requires. Specialized beta cells in your pancreas sense the abundance of glucose in the bloodstream after a meal and secrete insulin, a peptide hormone whose job it is to allow glucose (and fats and amino acids) to gain access to the interior of muscle and liver cells.

But hereís the catch: once those cells are full, as they are almost all the time with inactive people, the rest of the glucose is converted to fat. Saturated fat."

I realize Jakey is quoting other sources that might disagree with this idea. I find it odd that people are on these forums when they do not even agree with the owner of the website? I can find countless doctors in addition to Doug Mcguff that will say the same thing about glucose and fat storage.
    That stuff was old hat two decades ago.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Regarding CICO, I found this study interesting and distressing, as someone who's been trying to lose the last 25 pounds for the last year.

Metabolic Slowing with Massive Weight Loss despite Preservation of Fat-Free Mass

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678