Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feel about pickles? page 2

Kasey is offline Member

I think they are potentially amazing, especially if making them yourself like you said.

I haven't had pickles in years! I miss them. Back in my fast food days, one of my favourite things was to get an italian sausage with pickles and mayonnaise. Everyone thought I was weird but it's like the best combo on earth! Would have to toss the bun now though, wrap it in a giant mushroom or somethin lol.

periquin is offline Senior Member

Pickles. I love 'em. Not just for taste but also for health reasons. I read that Taoist's always include something pickled with every meal. Their reason---as people age they produce less quantity or quality of stomach acid,so older people need the pickles. I don't know if that is all true, but pickles help me.

Pickles aren't always cucumbers. Could be cabbage, eggs, any vegetable, umegoshi plums, ginger---whatever floats your boat. Making pickles isn't rocket surgery or brain science either. Easy.

Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think the home-made ones, the kind made the traditional way, are rich in probiotics. I've been making fermented foods like sauerkraut/ cortido/ kimchi at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12