Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arthritis page 2

Lolly is offline Member

Primal Fuel

@Griff: I too have RA and am finding i can go longer between Enbrel injections. I am now stretching it to 10 days rather than every 7. I am hoping to stretch that further to only 2x/month and then completely eliminate it. Were you on any meds (particularly dmards or biologics) & did you stop them or cut down on them and if yes, was it gradual or cold turkey? 18 months ago, i could not walk or use my hands,and it was terrifying so i am hesitant to do anything too drastic but i want to get off these meds if i can obviously.

rykabeth is offline Junior Member

I have OA in my finger joints pretty bad. It has gotten to the point where I stopped lifting because to grip a weight and then release it hurt so much. Within 3 days on PB I noticed a difference and within a week it has almost all disappeared. I did my first day back in the weight room on Wednesday (2 weeks primal) with ZERO pain!

Sean40 Guest

Anybody check there PH balance? Other things I have read say that animal proteins promote high acid PH, and that is supposedly a trigger for arthritis...just trying to make sense of all of this(a zillion different diet opinions)

avocado is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure that pH in urine is any reflection of pH in joints. I expect joint fluid pH is closely related to blood pH, which is tightly regulated.

Griff is offline Senior Member

@Lolly: I never used medications because I'm a stubborn b*stard and refused them. But I was in a wheelchair and my hands were becoming difficult to use. All of that's gone now.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

neighborhood fit is offline Junior Member

Since going primal the pain and discomfort from OA has been reduced significantly.

I stop all grains and sugars in Jan. 2010 and have never felt better.

I use to eat mostly chicken and fish and egg whites and veggies. I still do but give me some red meat, pork bacon, whole eggs, butter and veggies...talk about a happy camper.

“Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.”

Sean40 Guest

Avocado, the PH urine test is a good marker for the overall acid vs alkalinity in one's body. It may not be exact, but it's the best way to tell the balance or inbalance of your body.

avocado is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure what "overall acidity" means. Serum and cellular pH is very tightly regulated.

emmie is offline Senior Member

I have severe osteoarthritis and took NSAIDs for about 30 years until I eliminated all meds with diet and exercise.

For a long time, I avoided red meat and egg yolks because they are considered inflammatory. However, I now eat both (although only grass-fed beef or bison) and have found that eliminating grains and all sweeteners (artificial as well as natural) has resulted in the biggest improvement in terms of eliminating pain. I was eating low carb for a long time, but the total elimination of all grains and sweeteners with primal has made a significant difference.

I've noticed that sugar is a BIG issue, so I have no problem avoiding that, but I was amazed that whole eggs are not a problem. I really think that grains and sweeteners are the key.

I also do water exercise on a regular basis to strengthen my leg muscles, as I'm trying to avoid any replacement surgery.

Sean40 Guest

Emmie, you and I sound very alike as far as how bad the arthritis is/was. I was wondering how you do on coffee, decaff or otherwise..if you do at all? I keep reading to stay away from coffee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast