Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really struggling with planning my workouts...PLEASE HELP! page

GRIK is offline Junior Member

Question Really struggling with planning my workouts...PLEASE HELP!

Primal Fuel
    I am a Manager for a large company and to accomplish what I need in a day I put in some fairly long hours.

My schedule looks like this (at the least):
    Monday: 8:30am - 7pm
    Tuesday: 6:30am - 6pm
    Wednesday: 8:30am - 7pm
    Thursday: 6:30am - 6pm
    Friday: 6:30am - 6pm

I like to walk outside on my later days for an hour (Monday and Wednesday) so I can get back and have breakfast with my kids since I am out the door before they wake up the rest of the week. This leaves me about a 30-45 minutes workout on Tuesday, Thursday and/or Friday if I wake up at 4am. Training this early does challenge my intensity but its my only option. I want something that isn't boring but will do the trick.

Any resources or advice?....I REALLY appreciate it.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    check out simple fit. it's 3 days a week, and the longest a workout session will take you is 20 minutes. you can get that done on a lunch break...just keep a pull up bar at work.
    given the amount that you work, i would try to fit in some of your exercise on the job. not only is it good time management, but it will make you extra productive. if you can't steal 20 minutes a day for a quick workout or walking lunch/meeting/etc., then you need to find a way to make things a little less stressful or all that cortisol is going to take you out. as the manager, you could also be a role model for your employees to make good health choices at work. then, more time with the family at home. win-win.

aikidochris is offline Member
    Totally agree with primalrob, simplefit is an excellent choice for the time starved. I would also add in 10 minutes of mobility work a day, during breaks if you need to, in order to keep your joints mobile as lots of people disregard this type of body maintenance and its so important.

greenshady is offline Member
    What about Saturday and Sunday? Are these days completely open?

My advice with scheduling would be to use Monday and Wednesday mornings for lighter workouts. Use Saturday and Sunday for your most intense workouts. Then, you can use Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for quick 20 minute sessions.

I usually walk Saturday and Sunday for hour walks also...I bring my son with me.
    Plus I do a lot of yard work and play golf for a little different excercise options as well...I know, tough life.

I am looking at the simple fit site but I am a little confused.
    Level 1 - 1 pull up, 2 push ups, 3 squats for 20 mins? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by GRIK View Post
    I am looking at the simple fit site but I am a little confused.
    Level 1 - 1 pull up, 2 push ups, 3 squats for 20 mins? How does that work?
    you keep repeating that round of exercises for 20 minutes. do 1 pull up, 2 push ups, 3 squats, then keep doing it over and over. if you get say 25 rounds done in 20 minutes, you've done 25 pull ups, 50 pushups and 75 squats. that's a lot of strength and endurance packed into a very short time.

here is the simplefit thread to learn even more, and see cheapo's crazy success:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread7663.html

I found the part on the site thta he goes into more details so sorry for jumping the gun without further investigating. I am going to try this - I am actually pretty excited about it too. I like how simple it is but how it changes from day to day as well.

Thanks a ton primalrob

Would I add core work in separately?

Quote Originally Posted by GRIK View Post
    Would I add core work in separately?
    you won't really need to...pull ups and push ups work your core pretty good. but if you want to, go for it. i like adding extra core work just because it helps with a lot of the stuff i like (climbing trees, crawling through mud)...and that's my favorite kind of sore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast