Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Do you use a microwave for leftovers?

  1. #31
    tylerw's Avatar
    tylerw Guest


    Shop Now

    Even if you were to put your entire body in a microwave (not recommended) the only way it could harm you is through heat- if the power levels were low enough to not cause any part of you to get overheated or burned, then you would never experience any ill effects.

    Microwaves have no effect on food other than warming.

  2. #32


    I wonder... the unfortunate critters (kittens, hamsters) that get microwaved by complete ******** **** *******s yet survive - do they show any long term effects?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Round Rock, TX Nice place, too bad it's in Texas!


    Wow, another science vs. superstition thread.

    To the anti-nukers, I suggest not cooking your food. That way you will be very safe from the increased vibrations of molecules that always, in fact is, increased temperature.

    Do you know who the Luddites were?

  4. #34
    tylerw's Avatar
    tylerw Guest


    Shop Now


    Neither of those experiments (the Snopes one or the kids one) have any validity. Scientific experiments require a large sample size in both the treatment and control for the results to have meaning.

    If I were doing this I would use a minimum of 10-20 plants of each treatment, and make sure the microwaved water is from the same ultimate source, and cooled to the same temp before watering.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the "microwaved" water was still hot when the plants were watered, and the one plant died from literally being cooked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts