Thread: Starving! page

badbunny is offline Senior Member

Starving!

Primal Fuel
    On Sunday I went hiking and did 16 miles. I did the first morning 8 miles fasted and felt great, I had home made nut/fruit balls for lunch and when I got home ate a normal tea.

Monday I IF'd in the morning and ate lunch as normal, by dinner I was starving! I ate my planned dinner then I still wanted to eat, so listening to my body I ate the rest of the nut balls.

This morning I couldn't IF because I was hungry again, so AGAIN, listening to my body I've eaten healthy breakfast. All the food was primal, just a lot more of it than I wanted to really.

Anyone else have this experience? I am assuming my body just wanted the calories back?
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

billp is offline Senior Member
    On Sunday I went hiking and did 16 miles. I did the first morning 8 miles fasted
    Monday I IF'd in the morning and ate lunch as normal, by dinner I was starving!
    Really??? There is only one thing for it, Badbunny. A full week-long fast while walking 25 miles a day!

No, seriously, if you weren't hungry after that there would be something wrong with you. Go eat! You need it. I need to eat a lot after weightlifting too, for the rest of the week. Everyone does after exertion, its normal. I think you will do yourself harm if you don't have you fill in these circumstances.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Yeah a simple case of the body letting you know it needs what it needs. I love how I never worry if I REALLY get hungry because it means that I REALLY am hungry! That of course is not true when we are out of balance and overindulging in processed carbs etc. Eat when hungry and don't when you aren't. Doesn't get any easier!!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    this happens to me a lot after long hikes...sometimes for a couple of days. i'm actually surprised at how the hunger doesn't go away, even if i'm downing high calorie foods.
    i've actually got a lot of 15-20 miler day hikes planned for this summer, so i'm going to try and see if there's something to sate me better than what i've tried in the past, like going high carb.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I can do 16 milers without feeling any extra hunger at all. My body is totally used to it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You could be really hungry or you could have an insulin response to whatever you ate. I rarely get hunger during IF anymore. Have some good fats at your next meal.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    I had home made nut/fruit balls for lunch and when I got home ate a normal tea.

Monday I IF'd in the morning and ate lunch as normal, by dinner I was starving! I ate my planned dinner then I still wanted to eat, so listening to my body I ate the rest of the nut balls.
    The nuts & fruit won't hold you over. They are considered a 'quick carb' - they will fill you up faster, but they will go through your system quickly, leaving you hungry faster.

Try home-made Jerky? Easy to travel with, and the meat will help keep you full

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting, don't I need a dehydrator? Love jerky or biltong, one of the lads brought some with him on the hike so I grabbed a handful, then I read the packet, how can manufacturers turn dried meat into a list of chemicals? I was appalled, nearly spat the mouthful out as I have been eating clean for over 2 weeks and it felt such a shame to ruin it.

Those nuts/fruit balls have a large chunk of coconut oil in them also and kept me full until dinner time - about 6 hours.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein