Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Poor Husband page

My Poor Husband

Primal Fuel
    Wonder if anybody can shed any light on this:
    My husband and myself have been primal for 3 months, and we love it. He has been able to stop his asthma
    medications, has lost 32lbs (down to 230lbs, he is 6'2" and has a big build), he is sleeping well and has recently reintroduced exercise. Body wise he looks great, but I am concerned about the black shadows under his eyes, he looks exhausted all the time. He has always had them, but they seem worse now, maybe its because he is thinner that they look worse. I am going to talk him into going for a full health work up, including blood testing, but just wondered if anybody has any ideas before I do so?

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michellethompson View Post
    Wonder if anybody can shed any light on this:
    My husband and myself have been primal for 3 months, and we love it. He has been able to stop his asthma
    medications, has lost 32lbs (down to 230lbs, he is 6'2" and has a big build), he is sleeping well and has recently reintroduced exercise. Body wise he looks great, but I am concerned about the black shadows under his eyes, he looks exhausted all the time. He has always had them, but they seem worse now, maybe its because he is thinner that they look worse. I am going to talk him into going for a full health work up, including blood testing, but just wondered if anybody has any ideas before I do so?
    The pollen count has been pretty high lately. Does he have allergies and has he been rubbing his eyes a lot? Rubbing your eyes will make the black shadows particularly noticeable.
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Could be an iron deficiency
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Grizz is offline Banned
    A major reason for dark circles around the eyes is from Halide Poisoning. We live in a sea of bromides, fluorides & chlorines that enter our bodies and kick out iodine that is required by every cell in our body, especially the thyroid. These poisons are in our food, drinking water, baked goods, toothpaste, hair coloring, etc. The result is severe iodine deficiency nationwide which is showing up as hypo-thyroid, prostate problems in men, and in women fibrocyctic breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, & cysts. The dark circles around the eyes are the result of hypothyroid from halides kicking out the iodine.

See these 2 files for more:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

The solution is to take enough iodine and required supplements to detox the halides out of our body and restore iodine into every cell in our body. Do a google search of Dr. Brownstein iodine for MUCH more.

This just came in, and is the tip of the iceburg:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/035647_fo...chemicals.html

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 04-24-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Actually yes, he does have allergies which have pretty much beeen under control since he has been eating primal. I noticed that the rape has come into flower in the last few weeks, so maybe that's it. He has agreed to go to have a full check up so hopefully that will shed light. Thanks for your input.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    ^1 we're moved to a new area with new pollens and I've noticed the same. At first I didn't find the attribution but after walking through a grove of Euonymus (a plant I've never really been exposed to before) I had a violent reaction of sneezing etc. and had crappy feeling the rest of the day. Husband also seems to be affected, although I think he is dealing with allergies that are more severe. Allergies could be due to animals, dust mites, etc. too... any environmental changes other than outdoors? new cleaning products, for example?
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

couldnt it just be lack of sleep maybe thats just too easy.

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotsometoloose View Post
    couldnt it just be lack of sleep maybe thats just too easy.
    You're new to this forum, so I'll explain how things work around here. Ever heard of Occam's Razor? Well, we work under the reverse principle, where the exotic hypotheses are preferred over the simpler explanations. That means Grizz is probably correct by suggesting halide poisoning, Peril comes close with nutritional deficiencies and Katiethepiano is currently on a third place with her unimaginative allergies.

You should have suggested "intestinal parasites" or a "glandular problem" - which can only be cured by "more fat", "broth" or "intermittent fasting".

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    You're new to this forum, so I'll explain how things work around here. Ever heard of Occam's Razor? Well, we work under the reverse principle, where the exotic hypotheses are preferred over the simpler explanations. That means Grizz is probably correct by suggesting halide poisoning, Peril comes close with nutritional deficiencies and Katiethepiano is currently on a third place with her unimaginative allergies.

You should have suggested "intestinal parasites" or a "glandular problem" - which can only be cured by "more fat", "broth" or "intermittent fasting".
    Haha. You forgot the leptin reset and getting the vitamin D levels checked.
    Seriously though, rapid weight loss can often be pretty taxing on the body and can leave you looking and feeling pretty run down. A blood test can be a good starting point if things don't improve. Googling the answers to these types of health problems can lead you down a thousand different crazy paths.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post

No one is ever prepared to jump the gun and claim the big C though, are they? Although no doubt the cure would be the same. I tend to, just to amuse myself. Sore foot? Probably cancer. Headache? Definitely a brain tumour.

Bags under the eyes sounds like that problem where someone sleeps with their eyes open and a spider lays it eggs in the tear duct and little spider-mites burrow under the eye making a characteristic bruise underneath, before the victim mysteriously goes blind then suddenly pop hundreds of spiders pour out from where his eyes used to be. Either that or tuberculosis of the spine, take your pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast