Thread: Clean Eating Magazine page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

Clean Eating Magazine

Catching up on some back issues of Clean eating magazine and come across a "bad" foods that are actually good for you" article. #1 is pasta (whole grain of course). I'm considering writing to the editors...but I would probably get the run around. Decent magazine (some stuff that is), but their promotion of 'clean' and grains is just ridiculous. Where can I find a debate between "clean" grains in moderation are good for you and someone that actually knows what they are talkin about? Just dangerous advice that is being thrown around these days. Just my 2 cents (just needed to vent).

My favorite is reading all the fitness blogs and books (studying to be a personal trainer), and everyone jumps over from fitness to nutritionist and then shoots out 'clean' eating rules and I just shake my head. Stick to what you know or at least stop regurgitating the same tired politically correct nutrition advice. grr....

Marion C Thao is offline Junior Member
    Thanks to Brent.... for this GREAT INFO... I will try it also...

amdws1234 is offline Member
    I let that subscription expire... I've been primal for almost 5 months, eating is effortless, I've dialed back exercise but I am stronger, I have lost 20 lbs without even really trying. I feel better than I ever have, skin problems have cleared up, nails aren't dry and flaky any longer, a whole list of improvements, screw Clean Eating magazine... I wasn't eating processed food, artificial colors, sweeteners, etc... before but I was heavy on their good grains bandwagon...

Quote Originally Posted by amdws1234 View Post
    I let that subscription expire... I've been primal for almost 5 months, eating is effortless, I've dialed back exercise but I am stronger, I have lost 20 lbs without even really trying. I feel better than I ever have, skin problems have cleared up, nails aren't dry and flaky any longer, a whole list of improvements, screw Clean Eating magazine... I wasn't eating processed food, artificial colors, sweeteners, etc... before but I was heavy on their good grains bandwagon...
    would be curious to know their take on the paleo or primal diet? Most likely they would say its good but the evidence isn't clear. Seems like the canned response in regards to this diet.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I subscribed to the clean eating philosophy prior to going primal. Pasta and grains were a huge part of it. I would be interested in reading their response.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I subscribed to the clean eating philosophy prior to going primal. Pasta and grains were a huge part of it. I would be interested in reading their response.
    yeah, I've kinda given up trying to explain to people how dangerous grains are for consumption (I'm not a nutritionist so what do I know). I tend to just give them book titles, and then they ignore me. 25 yrs from now I think the science will actually be taken seriously beyond the fringes in regards to paleo living...or not.