Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Scottish (Esp Glasgow) PBers out there? page

Primalchica is offline Junior Member

Hi Fellow PBers,

First post (eek!) I've been reading the site since last summer and took the plunge on eating more primally around 7 months ago but have never really ventured into the forum before so thought it was about time I did.

I'm based in Glasgow, Scotland and I'm just wondering if there are any more Glasweigan/Scottish PBers out there?! It would be great to meet other Scottish primals and exchange tips on being Primal here.

Also if there are any more UK/Scottish-centric Primal/Paleo forums I'd be grateful to hear about them.

Thanks,

Primal Chica

MattyD is offline Member

Hey, did a quick search and found your post. (I was just about to post about the same thing.)

I'm a student in Glasgow and discovered the paleo lifestyle last summer. I loved it, but going back to uni, the weight crept on with the regular "binge" drinking. I'm back on the straight and narrow, so to speak, now though.

I was wondering if you had any useful Scotland/Glasgow hacks, as the community is geared towards the North Americans.

I really like the roots and fruits shop in Kelvingrove for meat and veg, Tesco's meat does me most of the time though due to money. I've still to venture into Glasgow's parks to do some sprinting.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Hi, I'm not in Glasgow but am just across the water in Belfast.

Primalchica is offline Junior Member

Hi MattyD & StoneAgeQueen,

Nice to hear from you! It would be good if there were more of us around to give each other tips and a helping hand. I can imagine it's tough trying to remain primal in uni.

I like Roots and fruits too as well as Grassroots on Woodlands Rd but I too struggle with the best place to buy meat etc. I've gone to the farmer's markets on a Sat when I have time but it can be expensive.

If you come across anything exciting for us primals in Glasgow please post it up here! Thanks.

stevehtcyl is offline Member

I'm in Edinburgh, so not too far away. One of my favourite places to shop is real foods, don't think you have any in glasgow but we have 2 here and they have all kinds of primal friendly stuff.

ChrisJ is offline Member

Hey all!

Good to know there are PBers in Scotland.

Steve, I'm in Edinburgh too! Currently shopping in supermarkets as I'm skint, but I'll check out Real Foods, where is it?

Chica, I know what you mean about farmer's markets being expensive. Can't wait until I have more income so I can start eating better.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

stevehtcyl is offline Member

There are 2. 1 is on Broughton Street near the Omni centre the other is in Tollcross.

Have you had the chance to check out the farmer's market on castle street every saturday morning?

I know what you mean about the supermarkets thing. Most of my food budget goes to asda, I live in slateford so it's about a 2 min walk away.

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member

I had a deep fried haggis burger before boarding a ferry to Skye. After that, I fled the country never to return.

Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

ChrisJ is offline Member

haha Kestrel, I've never eaten anything like that, and I've spent about 14 years in scotland silly tourists...

Steve, thanks for the info, I'll go check out the one in Tollcross. I've been to the farmer's market a few times, got some great Venison steaks there once, and they were fairly affordable. Wish I could buy raw milk - I asked around

I was lucky enough to get a discount in Waitrose for a while, sadly no longer, but that was a great place to shop, when compared to Tesco...

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Evening all! Not a Scot myself but a fellow Brit from Wales, maing my debut post on this very thread =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast