Thread: Insulin: An Undeserved Bad Reputation? page

EricGrok is offline Junior Member

Insulin: An Undeserved Bad Reputation?

Shop Now
    - Eric
    I love connecting with new primal friends! Add me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/standingforliberty

jakey is offline Senior Member
    confession - i didn't read the whole thing. in fact, i took a cursory peep. you know what, though? thank you for posting this. the demonization of insulin, and insulin spikes is approaching dumbest-shit-ever levels in certain segments of the primal world. sorry mark. sorry gary.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Insulin is not the problem, it is vital for human survival. The crap people eat is the problem.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricGrok View Post
    Saying that insulin has a bad reputation is a straw man argument. Maintaining sensitivity to insulin signalling and the signalling of all our other hormones is vital for health. A lot of the industrialized foods disrupt the signalling of our hormones, particularly insulin. The biochemistry seems to indicate that chronic fructose exposure is probably the first order effect in the disruption of insulin signalling. These types of articles would be more useful if they talked about the actual causes of insulin resistance.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by js290 View Post
    Saying that insulin has a bad reputation is a straw man argument. Maintaining sensitivity to insulin signalling and the signalling of all our other hormones is vital for health. A lot of the industrialized foods disrupt the signalling of our hormones, particularly insulin. The biochemistry seems to indicate that chronic fructose exposure is probably the first order effect in the disruption of insulin signalling. These types of articles would be more useful if they talked about the actual causes of insulin resistance.
    +1.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Good comments in the article. I would like to add that insulin is also the most anobolic hormone your body produces. Far more than even testosterone. Buy creating an insulin spike prior to a heavy weight program one can increase muscle at a quicker rate. One must still be careful about causing insulin resistance so its not recommended for long periods of time but it is another very good tool to increase muscle mass and heathly body composition.

Just remember to lift heavy and lift often!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    confession - i didn't read the whole thing. in fact, i took a cursory peep. you know what, though? thank you for posting this. the demonization of insulin, and insulin spikes is approaching dumbest-shit-ever levels in certain segments of the primal world. sorry mark. sorry gary.
    Yep, apologizing for taking their arguments wrongly.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Good comments in the article. I would like to add that insulin is also the most anobolic hormone your body produces. Far more than even testosterone. Buy creating an insulin spike prior to a heavy weight program one can increase muscle at a quicker rate. One must still be careful about causing insulin resistance so its not recommended for long periods of time but it is another very good tool to increase muscle mass and heathly body composition.

Just remember to lift heavy and lift often!

Cheers.
    I wouldn't even lift often. Just be stress free, take things as they come; and be vigilant over what you put into your body, mind, and soul.