Thread: How to arrange my week? page

Duck is offline Junior Member

How to arrange my week?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I go to 2 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes per week. They are pretty intense. How should I arrange my other workouts? If I have class on Monday night, should I lift weights that day also or wait until the next? My workouts are very flexible, but the BJJ classes have to change days depending on my wife's schedule. I typically walk for an hour at lunch every workday, have 2 days where I lift weights, and 1 day where I walk or run for an extra hour.
    Last edited by Duck; 04-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting convinced of the importance of rest days, so I'll do two workouts in a day rather than go every day. I just started that, so I'm not sure how it will work out yet.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I'm getting convinced of the importance of rest days, so I'll do two workouts in a day rather than go every day. I just started that, so I'm not sure how it will work out yet.
    Oops wrong thread
    Last edited by Gadsie; 04-24-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Doing weight training the same day as your classes is not a good idea. I'm sure that these classes are very demanding themselves. A good weight training program should be as well. Both would be major overkill on the same day. I did martial arts for about 3 years and it was tough to keep up with the weight training and I probably averaged about 3 sessions a month in the gym. I did a few basic compound movements. It worked out fine though as my focus was on the MA training. So if I felt beat up, I simply skipped the gym. I was getting plenty of resistance work in the Dojo.

As to the post above, being active everyday is always the goal and a way of life. Sometimes your body will tell you to do basically nothing. Listen and you'll feel all the better for it. But yea rest days away from the gym are vital to not only progress, but to your health and well being.