Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC experiment page

@lex is offline Senior Member

KFC experiment

Ok, so today I drove by KFC and a weird idea hit me. Just how bad could this stuff be, and what would happen to me if I ate a typical meal from this place? So, I went inside and ordered 6 crispy strips with a biscuit and some mashed potatoes and gravy. I plan on eating as much as I can, and reporting the effects here to see just how bad it might be. I've been eating 90% paleo/primal/whatever the fuck you call it since the start of 2012, so who knows how my body will respond. I assume it will taste ok to a point, then be disgusting, followed by an upset stomach and a night of teaching my toilet a harsh and brutal lesson.

I'm one strip into the meal and there's already a gross taste hanging in the back of my mouth, and I can literally taste the oil in it
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

otzi Guest
    And I'm going to see how many times I can shoot myself in the head with a .45--just for the science of it.

adr617 is offline Member
    I always think about doing this with frozen yogurt. I work at an organic, handmade with kefir yogurt shop. But for some disgusting reason I want to eat the nasty Yocream from the place like TCBY.

I talk myself out of it.

Good luck with your recovery...
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

The biscuit is the worst part so far. It's like eating a dry board eraser...that for some reason has a fishy aftertaste.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ewwwww... I wouldn't eat at a KFC on my lowest days of SAD. Blech!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I'm actually curious to hear your results. I've been thinking about doing a similar experiment, but you're saving me the trouble. Thanks for sacrificing your body to science.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    If I was desperate I might eat a piece of chicken with all the breaded skin ripped off...but I would have to be really desperate.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It has occurred to me that some people perhaps decide to go totally off the wagon and have a disgusting cheat... and try to sell it to themselves and others as a valid "scientific" experiment.

If I were going to indulge myself with a food, you can be damned sure it would rate higher than the nastiness that is KFC.
    And I wouldn't call it anything other than what it really was... an indulgence.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I had to throw in the towel with 1 1/2 pieces of chicken left. Now, here's a detailed break down of the three foods in the meal:

Chicken- You taste more breading and oils than chicken...and half of one piece was all breading. It left an odd aftertaste in the back of my throat that I washed away with a shot of whiskey.

Mashed potatoes and gravy - First off, it's obvious that the potatoes were scooped out of a large container with an ice cream scoop. It basically looked like a starch and gravy sundae. Bland, no real flavor from the potatoes at all, but plenty of artificial and chemically flavors from the gravy, which tasted like cornstarch flavored with beef bullion cubes.

The biscuit- Going into this, I figured the chicken would be the worst, but the biscuit was a dark horse and came from behind to take the title. Awful, just awful. It was hard and soft at the same time, don't ask me to explain, it just was. It immediately sucked up all of my saliva and worked itself into a ball in my mouth that I had to power down with water. It left the taste of old butter and fish in my mouth, which is a complete mindfuck. I get the butter part, but why did it taste like fish???

Overall, I knew this was going to be bad, but it was worse than I thought. The fact that people eat this shit on a regular basis amazes me. No ill effects so far besides the taste, but the night is young, so who knows.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It has occurred to me that some people perhaps decide to g totally off the wagon and have a disgusting cheat... and try to seel it to themselves and other as a valid "scientific" experiment.

I were going to indulge myself on a food, you can be damned sure it would rate higher than the nastiness that is KFC.
    And I wouldn't call it anything other than what it really was... an indulgence.
    Rest assured that this was just curiosity on my part. If I were going to "cheat" it wouldn't be with KFC, I'd go to a high end Italian joint and get some brick oven pizza or a pasta dish of some sort.

I basically said "I know that will make me feel bad, but how bad exactly?" and now we have this thread.

Edit: First sign of trouble just hit with stomach rumblings and a series of rather ridiculous burps.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast