Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb Type vs Protein Type page

XGrains is offline Member

Carb Type vs Protein Type

I understand that some people are carb type and others are protein type, and some are a combination of the two. What does this mean and what are the ramificiations of being a carb vs protein type?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    what makes you think you understand that?
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    What are you talking about?

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XGrains View Post
    I understand that some people are carb type and others are protein type, and some are a combination of the two. What does this mean and what are the ramificiations of being a carb vs protein type?
    that's completely... wrong. sorry, i have no idea where you heard that. everyone needs protein. or they die. there are no 'protein types.'

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    that's completely... wrong. sorry, i have no idea where you heard that. everyone needs protein. or they die. there are no 'protein types.'
    This... Protein and fat are both 100% necessary to a healthy life. The AMOUNT of carbs is more individual.
    Not one or the other.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

XGrains is offline Member
    Perhaps I should have written, "metabolic type". From what I've read, metabolic typing has nothing to do with eating only carbs or protein or fat. It has more to do with metabolic type and how people process different foods differently. It also concerns how some people will do better with a higher ratio of carbs to fat and protein and others a lower ratio. I saw the following article and was wondering if there was anything to metabolic typing and how it might affect a Paleo diet. I was looking for some insight, not excite.

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums...-eating/page/1
    Last edited by XGrains; 04-23-2012 at 05:26 PM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like some ridiculous blood type diet-esque hoogy moogy. But that's just my gut reaction. Never heard of it.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps I should have written, "metabolic type". From what I've read, metabolic typing has nothing to do with eating only carbs or protein or fat. It has more to do with metabolic type and how people process different foods differently. It also concerns how some people will do better with a higher ratio of carbs to fat and protein and others a lower ratio. I saw the following article and was wondering if there was anything to metabolic typing and how it might affect a Paleo diet. I was looking for some insight, not excite.

Metabolic Types...Are you eating what you should? - Page 1

Yeah, I basically disagree with the premise of this. So no metabolic typing is only "real" in terms of your personal and maybe immediate family history of metabolic disease and or injury, and your current adaptations to whatever amounts of micros and macros you are consuming. Sure there are some genetic attributes that allow some people to produce more amylase or something, but in general these small nuances are not enough to make a difference in your human diet. If they are you will likely have to figure it out the hard way with some serious N=1.

Meh, dont like any of her breakdowns anyhow i'm 65%fat, 20%protein, 15%carb. What sort of metabolizer am I based on that chart?
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you ask me, I'm a protein type because I'm made of meat, not starch and sugar.

This guy has an interesting hypothesis that there are different types of obesity with different causes that respond to different treatments. It's not at all what you are talking about, but interesting reading anyway.
    Obesity starts in the brain*/* Getting Stronger
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

CheriRone is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It has more to do with metabolic type and how people process different foods differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast