Thread: Sudden milk cravings and nut allergy! page

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member

Sudden milk cravings and nut allergy!

Primal Fuel
    Hi!
    So, a couple weeks ago I began feeling this strong urge for something. My body wanted something BAD. Usually when that happens I can mentally run through the food I have and find something to feed it. This time though, it was milk. Which is weird, because I'm lactose intolerant (as far as I know, at least. I always have a problem with sugar/carbs+dairy so maybe its the sugar/carbs and not the dairy?) so I avoid milk like the plague. Except I broke down this weekend and bought two gallons of organic whole milk. I have been drinking some of it every day and it tastes delicious! I admit that I have been off the wagon for a few days and had some brownie bites and rice pudding with the milk so its hard to say if my body's responses are to the carbs/sugar or the milk.
    I'm curious about this. I don't know what to make of it. Is there any nutrient in milk that I'm missing in my regular, mostly meat diet?
    Unrelated, I've also had a couple bad reactions to nuts. I've never had a nut allergy before. I had some dark chocolate and almond butter (ground almonds, maple sugar) a few weeks ago and felt nauseous, headachy and tired. Can my body just decide it doesn't like something anymore? It has happened consistently and I've started avoiding the butter. Thoughts?
    Thanks!

Linny is offline Senior Member
    I find when I'm dehydrated that I crave cold milk or milk shakes. Not sure what other deficiencies can cause milk cravings.

I'm wondering if your suspected nut allergy was actually a hypoglycemic episode. How sweet was the almond butter? Have you been low carbing lately? I find when I go low carb for awhile that I need to ease back into high carb foods or I get crazy blood glucose numbers for a few days. But to answer your specific question - yes you can develop allergies at any point in your life.