Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lois' Journey with the Primal Blueprint :) page 9

lolo66 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have decided that as of tomorrow I am going to start a whole 30. I have been falling off the wagon far too much lately and I think that going back to basics will really help me. I will be eating plenty of meat, fish, poultry and vegetables, and I will allow myself coffee (limit to max 2 a day) pure cocoa powder (and I like that with dessicated coconut as a snack sometimes), some fruit (but will aim to stick with lower sugar fruit) and some nuts (but will weigh these as I can easily overeat these) I want to avoid sugar like the plague and that is my downfall. That means no chocolate sadly. I also need to increase the amount of water I am drinking. I think often I think that i'm hungry when i'm actually thirsty. I will actually be calorie counting, which isn't something that i have done with the primal lifestyle, but I just find that i overeat too much if i don't and i'm not losing any weight at the moment. I am aiming for about 1400 cals but my post workout food will not be counted in this. I normally have some fruit or a sweet potato after climbing so that will be extra. I am also quite keen to try one day where I dramaticallly increase my fat intake to almost all fat during the day to encourage my body to become a fat burner rather than a sugar burner.

Food for today:
    Brunch: 2 boiled eggs and 2 rashers bacon
    Snack: Some grapes, cashews and almonds, 2 squares dark chocolate
    Dinner: Roast lamb and veg (not sure what yet though!)

I've also had 1 coffee today and 2 massive cups of herbal tea. Feeling a lot better already.

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html

lolo66 is offline Member
    DAY 1 OF WHOLE 30!
    Wooo this is exciting. Day 1 has gone really well.
    B- IF
    Lunch- 2 eggs scrambled in butter with smoked bacon, tomatoes, onion and spinach. 1 cup of coffee with coconut milk
    Snack: Handful of roasted cashews and almonds
    Dinner: Empire roast chicken (whole chicken marinated in lemon juice, tomato puree, garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, cumin)
    Roasted beetroot
    Salad
    Evening snack: Banana + bowl of homemade bone broth

Supplements: 5,000 iu Vitamin
    1 tablespoon Cod Liver Oil

I keep a diary with everything I eat, exercise I do, sleep, skin quality, sunlight, amount of water, etc written down as a record. I also write down thought and feelings which i find really useful. I like to write on here as well though, as it's great to have interaction with other people, so please drop me a comment if you're also doing the whole 30 or just to say hi!

If I can help it I want to cut the nuts down (even though it was only a handful I didn't feel too great after eating them) I find it quite hard to find easy things to snack on though. I also wish that we had other fruit in the house other than bananas as I felt really peckish in the evening. I've come home from university for a couple of days as I have an appointment with my kinesiologist so i'm having to choose my food from what my mum has bought but once i'm back at uni it's a lot easier.
    It a really strange observation but my forehead look swollen. I know you're probably thinking ??? but I had it on holiday during the summer. I put it down to the heat but I wasn't being strict with my diet whilst on holiday (no gluten but plenty of dairy and nuts during the day) so I think it may be an omega 6 rise in my body. or a dairy overload. So i'm obviously eager to see that go away. I've doubled my dose from 1 teaspoon of fish oil to 1 tablespoon until my skin improves and this wierd forehead bloating goes.

Looking forward to tomorrow! I've got my kinesiologist appointment in the morning and then may do a little shopping. I need to hand my CV into the local shops as i'm looking for a job during the christmas holidays. Then in the afternoon i'm visiting my old secondary school to talk to the current fine art class to show them my portfolio for my university interview. I'll probs have scrambled eggs again in the morning as they were good, then lunch when I come back from the shops and dinner in the evening. I might treat myself to a black americano at Costa coffee (and i'll put my own coconut milk in it) as i'll have a bit of wait.

Good night everyone Please leave messages!
    Last edited by lolo66; 11-05-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

lolo66 is offline Member
    I've currently got a big pot of bone broth bubbling away on the hob, ready to bring to university to make soups with! mmm yummy I also want to make my own sauerkraut!

lolo66 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there! I'm finally back after a long time. I've had a struggle with this journey so far, but I haven't given up. I know that my health is worth the fight! It's been a massive rollercoaster for me this last year. I feel that so far nothing has really worked for me and has only led to me gaining more weight, so I reckon I have a good 20lbs that i'd like to lose. I know some of those are vanity pounds but I am only 19 so I guess that's only natural for someone my age. Anyway, I don't weigh myself anyway, but go by clothes and the occasional measure with the tape measure. My skin is something that I really want to heal.
    I've found in the last month that low carb does not work for me. I've lately geared towards the perfect health diet and since adding more starch in I feel 100% better. My energy levels have improved, the bloating has gone down the my mind feels clearer and more focused.
    I find that being at uni is so hard when trying to eat really well. I am pretty disciplined with myself and i've never been someone to particularly follow the crowd and fold in to peer pressure, but it is hard with the constant drinking, crappy food everywhere and chocolate and wine nights. I know those things are kind of allowed in moderation, but i believe I still have candida and I really need to eliminate those indulgences for a while. It is hard following this lifestyle alone, which is why i have turned to writing on here, with the hope that someone will answer and support me, and follow my journey with me. That would be amazing . I have recently been ordering my food from a wonderful independent supplier called Abel and Cole (I'm in the UK) who support local, organic farmers and they supply all ranges of food- veg and all sorts. They're a little more expensive so I have to be selective with what i am buying but it is so worth it! I try and focus on spending less money on booze and more on good quality food! Anyway the plan is to write on here everyday, or at least regularly if i can't do that! My food plan looks something like this, for those who may be interested:
    B: Mince burger with liver and some sweet potato and Coconut oil OR 3 egg yolks mixed with white rice
    L: Oily fish/prawns/chicken breast/tuna with jacket potato or roasted carrots
    D: Protein with green veg and some kind of starchy source- rice noodles/butternut squash/swede etc.

I'm taking an antifungal with meals + ACV + Zinc + Vitamin D and regular bone broth + Probiotics + L- Gluatamine. I've also recently been enjoying turmeric in my tea for the anti-inflammatory effects. I'm also focusing on getting proper sleep as I suspect some adrenal issues- I can barely sniff coffee without falling asleep! Dairy is also a big no no- I get soooo sleepy from that too!

It would be amazing to hear if anyone else has gone through something similar.. has anyone else recently upped carbs and had success with it? Or on the PHD lifestyle?
    Thanks everyone! What a wonderful and supportive group of people we have here. I am so grateful to have found this lifestyle, even if I haven't had the exact results i've wanted so far. I know how much better I do feel when I follow it. I hope that adding starches in will stop the binging on sweet things which has been happening far too much lately. Especially with all the stresses with deadlines at uni. I think the binges were caused by not enough carbs and since adding the starches, these urges seem to have gone away somewhat.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789