Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lois' Journey with the Primal Blueprint :) page 4

lolo66 is offline Member
    I decided to do a fast last from my sugar binge last night to 12 in the afternoon the next day, which is about 19 hours. I wasn't even starving hungry by then, merely peckish. So far i've had:

Brunch: my normal omelette with a side salad

Snack: Chocolate protein shake with homemade primal sesame and sunflower seed crackers. Really really nice. Got the recipe from MDA. Will post photos taken later. 3 squares dark chocolate.

Planned dinner: Wild salmon fillet with sweet potatos (in some form- possibly cut up and baked like chips?) and some other veg. Not sure yet.

I also want to buy some dark chocolate today. May have a few squares of that later. I think my time of the month is coming up, causing me to crave chocolate and ice cream, hence the disaster yesterday. This happened last month as well, which is when I started the journal to try and keep me on track.

I was doing a lot of thinking and reseraching yesterday and i've decided to go and see a kinesiologist about the mess my body is in at the moment. Hopefully she'll be able to recommend which supplements to take. Someone told me that i'm definitely low in iodine if I had candida. I've started taking liqourice root as we already had it in the house.
    Last edited by lolo66; 05-06-2012 at 06:10 AM.

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html

lolo66 is offline Member
    The sunflower seed and sesame seed crackers:

05-05-12 S.jpg

They're so so easy to make (as long as you have a food processor) I got the recipe from this website and if you're missing that satisfying crunch you get from crackers, tortillas or crisps then they're the perfect replacement. And very cheap too! All you need is a cup each of sunflower and sesame seeds and some water. You grind the sunflower seeds up in a blender until it resembles a kind of flour. Mix in the sesame with a bit of water (add progressively) and roll out between two pieces of parchment on a baking tray. Bake for about half an hour at 375f, 180 celcius. I topped mine with some butter, a bit of ham, some sundried tomato. But you could use lots of things. Guacomole would be nice, nut butters, anything you can dip or spread really. I'll definitely be doing these again!

Dinner:

IMG_0038.jpg

Ovenbaked wild salmon fillet with sweet potato cooked in coconut oil and sprinkled with garam masala and salad, courgette and tomato. Really tasty.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

lolo66 is offline Member
    Todays food:

Brunch: 2 egg omelette with veg, side salad and 2 slices bacon.

Snack: 4 squares dark chocolate (this stuff is like crack for me :/) lots of sesame and sunflower seed crackers made yesterday (too many)

Planned dinner: Lamb escalope with vegetables. Will probably have a few roast potatoes.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Your photographs are beautiful.
    You didn't photograph the sugar binge?
    Just teasing...........

lolo66 is offline Member
    Thank you, they're only taken on my iphone. Haha that's true. In fairness I don't generally photograph everything, taking photos of the main meals is hard enough to remember. And it basically would have looked something like this, for the visual people out there

274409445_adc0970956.jpg

I probably ate about 1/3 - 1/2 of a tub. It could have been worse and i'm over it now. I can tell that my time of the month is coming up as I was getting sugar cravings today, but I satisfied it with 4 squares dark chocolate and my seedy bakes. Too much food but better than lots of ice cream and biscuits!

DigestiveBiscuit_1.jpg

lolo66 is offline Member
    Dinner was 1.5 lamb escalopes (they were fairly small) with 3 small roast potatoes and lots of broccoli and cauliflower.

Before dinner I did some weight lifting. I was working on my deadlift and increasing the weight. I'm still trying to find a weight which works for me. I lifted the maximum weight I can create with my plates which is around 50lbs and it wasn't too hard, so I think I might need to buy some new weights. Felt good! I also took a quick photo of myself today so i'll try and post that later.

lolo66 is offline Member
    Photo

Untitled.jpg

My shoulders look a bit out of proportion for my body, think I may have been leaning a bit forwards haha.

rachel91 is offline Junior Member
    I like all your photos! The ones of your walk make me a bit homesick, I'm away at uni at the moment but I come from a village in the country and I love to ramble when I'm back there. Your dinners look yummy, reminds me I haven't bought fresh salmon for a little while! Out of curiosity, how many times do weight train per week?

lolo66 is offline Member
    @ Rachel91
    Whereabouts are you from? I live in Kent and when the sun does decide to make an appearance the fields where I live look beautiful. Fresh salmon is lovely. Try and buy wild if you can- they sell it frozen in Tescos for about 4.50 for 5 fillets. They're not massive but perfect for a lunchtime salad topper. Well i'm trying to cut back on the weight training at the moment as I believe I have burnt out adrenals (really badly- it's one of the reason's I had to leave uni for this term) and weight training is only going to hinder recovery. So i'd say at the moment I probably do it about once a week. When my body becomes healthy again, i'll probably do it about 3 times a week. I don't really plan when exactly i'll do it, I just go with the flow and see when my body feels up to it. There's no point pushing it if you're feeling tired or not in the mood as your form will be bad and you may end up damaging something. If your body is tired the best thing to do is sleep! That's where I went wrong at uni (I was rowing like you) and it's one of the reason's i'm stuck at home recovering.

lolo66 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dinner today was soooo yummy. It was a bit of a collection of whatever I had in the cupboard. I sliced butternut squash as a spaghetti replacement and cooked raw malaysian prawns (really yummy) and chucked in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sacla tomato and garlic sauce, raw garlic, italian herb seasoning, lots of spinach and basil, courgettes and cooked it in lots of coconut oil so you could taste it. I then threw in some crispy bacon which I grilled so it was like prawn jambalaya. So nice, will definitely make it again!

IMG_0041.jpg

The photo doesn't do it justice, the lighting wasn't very good.

Didn't have breakfast today. Lunch was a bit snacky: 2 slices bacon, 1 boiled egg, some dark chocolate (90%) half a grapefruit, can't remember if I had anything else. My legs are really achy today from the deadlifts the other day!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast