Thread: Almost two months in and finally sprinted.. page

lamoka is offline Senior Member

Almost two months in and finally sprinted..

Just did my first set of sprints on the treadmill.. only 2.. but I am satisfied with that as my starting point.. it felt good.. little bit of a headache afterwards..
    Female 5'5", Feb. 29, 2012 SW 208, GW 160
    My journal...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post734883

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I've sprinted 4 times in 7 months, usually 2 or 3 sprints about 40 yards each. It always feels amazing during and after. Sometimes I wish I did it more often.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffdv View Post
    I've sprinted 4 times in 7 months, usually 2 or 3 sprints about 40 yards each. It always feels amazing during and after. Sometimes I wish I did it more often.
    Then do it more often!! How do you except to experience the great results doing it so seldom? You can't and you won't. Do 6-8 of those sprints about every 7-10 days without fail and it will change your life!!! What are you waiting for?

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    i need to take that advice, i've been lifting very heavy things, but really need to add sprinting to my weekly routine.

thanks for the motivation

glad to hear you sprinted OP

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I did sprints yesterday. While on my lunchtime jog I sprinted three times. I almost stepped on a squirrel. I think sprints work better for me on a bicycle, like if I'm riding my bike to work and I'm running late. I'll pick some fast guy and try to keep up with him in hopes he's on time for work.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Funny this popped up. I have been feeling the urge lately. When I was younger sprints were my thing. I could do the dashes at track meets but when I tried long distance, it about killed me.

Anyways, back to my urges. I mowed my hiking trail here at my house yesterday, with my pushmower. Took me about 90 minutes doing several passes - 3 & 4 in some of the taller stuff. I can mow it in no time flat with my rider, bigger deck and all. But the pushmower is set much lower so I had to do lots of squats and lifting semi-heavy things like rocks and limbs.

So anyways, while mowing, I kept looking at places I can sprint w/o anyone seeing me and wondering what in the world was chasing me, or like I saw a snake or something. Most of it is hid from the road, and not a well traveled road at that, which means about all of it is sprintable, so I really don't have any excuses.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Funny this popped up. I have been feeling the urge lately. When I was younger sprints were my thing. I could do the dashes at track meets but when I tried long distance, it about killed me.

Anyways, back to my urges. I mowed my hiking trail here at my house yesterday, with my pushmower. Took me about 90 minutes doing several passes - 3 & 4 in some of the taller stuff. I can mow it in no time flat with my rider, bigger deck and all. But the pushmower is set much lower so I had to do lots of squats and lifting semi-heavy things like rocks and limbs.

So anyways, while mowing, I kept looking at places I can sprint w/o anyone seeing me and wondering what in the world was chasing me, or like I saw a snake or something. Most of it is hid from the road, and not a well traveled road at that, which means about all of it is sprintable, so I really don't have any excuses.
    The distance runs about killed you because you aren't genetically a distance runner. No amount of training would make you one either. I am not a distance runner either. I can do a 5k at any time but its tough. People who are built for running do that for a warm up.

Anyway, get to the sprints!!!!