Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WODs 3/7 - 3/13 page 5

gini is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

@Grok is Softball - just try some basic body weight exercises: planks, pushups, burpees, situps, lunges, squats and think about sprints outside when you're walking your dogs (my elkhound loved to sprint when she was with us). Keep it simple at first!

In terms of fitting it in, I only lift 2x/week and I do it either during lunch at work or right after. The rest of the time, I do yoga/climbing/hiking/biking/kayaking after work on on the weekends. It sounds like you love softball, so you should definitely count that towards your play & endurance days.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

@Fury, what was so horrible?

@Vick, PARKOUR!?! Are you serious?! What do you do?

hfox is offline Junior Member

At least for a while, I'm substituting *front squats* for back squats. Try as I might, I just can't get the back squat form down.

Today was my first day with the front squats, and I think that this will mark the beginning of a beautiful friendship :-)

After playing around with bar placement and getting acquainted with the feel of this lift (w/ the bar and a single 10lb plate on each side), I did about 4 good sets of 5x85lbs.

OHP: 5(5x65) (down from 70lbs b/c I wasn't happy with my form)

Deadlift: 5x135, 4x185, 5x200

Then some random work on the assisted pull-up/chin-up machine (w/ 40lbs of assistance), and a set of weighted back extensions.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I'm jealous of the 20 minutes of Parkour!!!!

Just finished up week 1 of convict conditioning. Hard on the ego to start from the beginning but apparently it'll be worth it. T-minus about 10 or so months until I get to do one-armed pullups!

I grok, therefore I am.

Vick is offline Senior Member

I jumped the CN tower. Just kidding! I watched this video and I was so intune with the concept.

What blew me away was the kid who scaled the 11 foot wall, but it took 5 months of training to do it.

Watch this video. It tells a lot and if you are hooked by it then there are three more to clinch it.

Lovestoclimb you will really buy into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poph6...eature=related

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

@Jess: I missed so many lifts. 180 pounds is 15 pounds under my max snatch and should be no problem to do. But I just could not get my form right and just kept getting more and more frustrated. I even was missing all over with hang snatches, so by the time I got to cleans I was exhausted and frustrated, which is why I only did light doubles. All in all not a good day.

TODAY however was awesome. Went shopping at Concord Mills in NC, had a great relaxing day spending money I don't have. But I did get another pair of Vibrams, black KSOs. The TOmmy Hilfiger outlet was amazing!! Great deals, really nice clothes. It was IMO the best outlet there. All kinds of nice polos and dress shirts (I love dress shirts, it's my standard uniform). I also got Gucci by Gucci cologne for $45 (retails like $70). I kinda flirted with the girl a little and said I would walk around and decide between D&G Light Blue or Gucci. Then she said "If you buy right now I will mark the Gucci down to $45"

"Sounds good!"

So my WOD was walking around carrying bags

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Vick is offline Senior Member

Fury22 you are showing the signs of overtraining. That is why you enjoyed today.

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

^^No, not overtraining. Just a bad day. Happens sometimes. I was missing because I kept jumping to far backwards and letting the bar ride forward once I got in the hole. Like I said, happens sometimes. Plus, I wasn't that focused anyway. Had been running errands all day trying to get things straight for graduation and still had to finish a job application.

With that said, people here are way too quick to cite "overtraining". Having a bad training day does not constitute overtraining.

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345