Thread: I've eaten mass amounts of rice and sweet potatoes the last 4 days in a row page

I've eaten mass amounts of rice and sweet potatoes the last 4 days in a row

Primal Fuel
    And tons of fruit and last night i had a whole bunch of peanut butter with some peanuts in my mashed sweet potato.

Should i continue(minus the peanut butter) eating the rice and potatoes everyday even when my activitiy level is low? Will it make me gain fat? I'm surprised when i woke up today that i wasnt at all bloated from the mass peanut eating though i had a bit of heartburn.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating "mass amounts" of anything, while not exercising, you will likely gain weight.

Whatever happened to moderation?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Seriously.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Seriously.
    I'm not so sure!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thepeanutbutterkid View Post
    And tons of fruit and last night i had a whole bunch of peanut butter with some peanuts in my mashed sweet potato.

Should i continue(minus the peanut butter) eating the rice and potatoes everyday even when my activitiy level is low? Will it make me gain fat? I'm surprised when i woke up today that i wasnt at all bloated from the mass peanut eating though i had a bit of heartburn.
    Completely depends on the situation and person. Just primal carbs are not enough for me to gain weight. Details on you and the intake would help.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    You have given almost no useful information....what else you eat, activity levels, age, sex, height, weight, health issues, BF%....Heck even the "mass amounts" is so vague as to be not too helpful.

I think you should eat a portion of food with a mix of fats, proteins, and some carbs while you move around some (equally vague )

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I used to gain weight just breathing. Now, I won't gain weight from anything that isn't grains.

Easter was a perfect example - over a week solid of homemade potato salad, rice dishes, dark chocolate... No weight gain. Not even an ounce. Sure, I didn't lose weight, but I could pick up right where I left off after easter, went low carb and resumed fasting, and the weight is coming off again.

So it depends on you and your goals. For me, though, there's no truth to the "you can get fat even off primal carbs" advice.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thepeanutbutterkid View Post

I think you should continue and report back on what happened. Self-experimentation is the best way to find out the answers to such questions.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2