Thread: Gluten pusher starting to run scared! page

Dirlot is offline Senior Member

Gluten pusher starting to run scared!

Shop Now
    Almost everywhere I go there is someone trying to convince me that gluten is OK. It is on the radio, chat shows, news, everywhere now. They are correct in saying substituting foods containing gluten with frankenfoods made without gluten can be worse (higher sugar content etc) but they try so hard to say if you don't have an allergy or intolerance to gluten you should continue to eat it because you will miss out on vital nutrients and fibre. Of course they happily ignore the fact that there is so much nutritionally dense real food that I can get way more nutrients from than wheat but hey...
    Just glad to see they are starting to run scared.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

activia is offline Senior Member
    yeah and sadly they are already coming out with "pills" for people to take if they are gluten intolerant so that they can still eat gluten.. so by the time we realize all the people that are gluten intolerant, the solution will be to take the pill not to change your diet.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The nutritionists will continue to spread disinformation indefinitely. Most people think gluten allergy is rare and/or that it must be confirmed by a doctor.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Even in Wheat Belly it is recommended that you avoid gluten-free foods b/c the things they put in them to make up for the lack of gluten are often times no better for you than gluten, or are so sugar laden that they are just as unhealthy.

I get along just fine (for the most part) avoiding grains and gluten. There are times when I make an exception, but I am not gluten-intolerant... I just choose to avoid it b/c of what I read in PB and Wheat Belly.

Or, FierceHunter, that it requires you to have a GI upset to be diagnosed... Gluten intolerance and celiac can disguise themselves as other things - Crohn's disease, MS, etc, so says Wheat Belly.

Dieticians, nutritionists and CW doctors will always spread the misinformation...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    but they try so hard to say if you don't have an allergy or intolerance to gluten you should continue to eat it because you will miss out on vital nutrients and fibre.
    Now, that's the funny part. Wheat foods only have those "vital nutrients" because they have been FORTIFIED with them. Why wouldn't I just chose food they appear naturally in.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    N acetyl glucosamine blocks the lectin damage from wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    yeah and sadly they are already coming out with "pills" for people to take if they are gluten intolerant so that they can still eat gluten.. so by the time we realize all the people that are gluten intolerant, the solution will be to take the pill not to change your diet.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Now, that's the funny part. Wheat foods only have those "vital nutrients" because they have been FORTIFIED with them. Why wouldn't I just chose food they appear naturally in.
    Yes this is very funny IMHO. There is no difference between taking a vitamin or getting your nutrients from fortified food IMHO. There is a huge difference from getting your nutrients naturally from food then from a vitamin.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The beauty is they can strip out the vitamins and sell them back, plus they can also sell you vitamins you aren't getting because your diet is composed of fillers instead of real food. They can't sell you vitamins if your produce and meat already has them. You're ruining the economy, you know.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3