Thread: HUNGRY TRAINER page

kellychadwick Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey! I'm a personal trainer and I am CONSTANTLY HUNGRY! I have been primal since the first of the year, I've dropped about 7 pounds, but now I'm a little frustrated. I'm tired of eating and being hungry. To top it off, I haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks - though that isn't really my focus. My food intake is pretty regular. Usually about 50% fat, 30% protein, 15% carbs and 5% alcohol. I demonstrate exercises during my 3 - 9 sessions a day. I work out on my own - weight training that keeps my heart rate up(full body workout) 2-3x a week for 45-60 min. I do SLOW exercise about 2 hours a week, not including my exercise demos. Do I need MORE fat? When I use the Harris Benedict Equation, it says I should eat between 2200 and 2400 calories a day to maintain (depending on the activity factor I plug in), yet I'm pretty consistently coming in at 1900. Suggestions to help with the constant hunger/eating? Any ideas of why I'm not loosing weight if I'm constantly under the number of calories I should be consuming and in the SWEET spot - taking in about 80grams of carbs a day. THANKS everyone!

Griff is offline Senior Member

Up your fats, drop your carbs. If you want to lose weight, go as close to zero carb as you can for a while. I've said this at least a dozen times this week so I hope it's not getting old for people, but my diet is about 75% fat and the rest protein, with trace carbs. It works.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

kellychadwick Guest

More interested in staying full than I am losing weight. So...fat up. Okay! Thanks

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Some people dispute this but I find Fat to be the most satiating macronutrient. The more of it I eat, the less food I need. Never hungry. I regularly do 24-48 hour fasts now with NO hunger. I actually start to get worried around the 36 hour mark, haha!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

Try dropping your carbs right back and only eat them at dinner. Eat very low carb during the day. Only have fruit and alcohol at your evening meal. It's something I was reading about recently. Spreading your carbs during the day may be maintaining the insulin spike cycle thus making you hungry during the day. Insulin is nicknamed the 'hunger' hormone.