Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 9

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ewwwwww donuts would make me so sick. frankly I want to turn to Pizza. Wont do it but yeah. I suspect my problem is too much meat and fat and not enough Veggie volume.

I made another pot of my roasted veggie soup and made 3 times as much this time and froze 3 lunches out of it. I also made a big ol' roasted porc belly which I chopped up and added to the soup lunches.

I went to the fruit store and got this weeks supplies of veg. I made a bottle salad dressing to bring with me so now I can bring a shit tonne of veg with me to work. Tomorrow starts the whole 30. we shall see wont we.
    Last edited by Warmbear; 01-01-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

so today is day 3 of a whole 30. My first and frankly so far I have felt like shit. Mayhaps it is the purging of the few indulgences I have enjoyed over the holidayz but I have been bloated and cramping and have the runs in a great big way that has not happened since I went paleo, Hopefully this will pass soon?

I was reading over at Rob Wolff's blog about coffee, he asked "do you actually like coffee"? Or is it a vehicle for a cream and sugar fix? Or is it to make up for a lack of sleep or energy? Well I love the smell of coffee beans, I love the smell of brewing coffee but I dont like the taste or mouth feel of black coffee. I prefer it with a smidge of chocolate mixed in and a bit of milk to smooth out the mouth feel.

Does this mean I dont like coffee and should not drink it? Should I drink a big mug of bone broth instead? Just the thought makes feel slow and grumpy. I may be addicted to coffee too though I only drink the one vary large cup in the mornings.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

This whole 30 so far has not been hard but for 1 thing, coffee without any sweetener at all and just coconut milk irritates the crap outta my throat. I cough for an hour after a cup of coffee. wtf? Anybody have any suggestions? Is it the coconut milk? I really cant stand the mouth feel of coffee without a thickener. grrrrrr

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried unsalted butter in your coffee? or, since you are on whole30, ghee?

Yep. I love it. not too often though.

1 week into the whole 30 and all is good but for the farts... Holey windy cows batman! All day at work I have been tooting my own horn, is this normal?

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    This whole 30 so far has not been hard but for 1 thing, coffee without any sweetener at all and just coconut milk irritates the crap outta my throat. I cough for an hour after a cup of coffee. wtf? Anybody have any suggestions? Is it the coconut milk? I really cant stand the mouth feel of coffee without a thickener. grrrrrr
    After about a week on my second Whole 30, I realized that I just wasn't enjoying coffee with coconut milk and I went black, cold turkey. I had never been a sweetener user, but I sure loved my Carnation Milk or double cream. Well, wouldn't you know, black coffee tastes great! That was in May and I've been taking it black ever since.

Screw up your courage and try it black for a day or two. Guarantee it will grow on you...

Booyeah now lets see if I manage to stick to this whole 30 today. My daughter was born last night. Everybody send mom and Daughter positive thoughts. Thora was born at 10 55 pm Jan 9 2013. 7 lbs 9 ounces and a perfect redhead. I have not had a chance to eat since yesterday morning. ( making breakfast now.) thank the gods for fasting.

Hail Odin, Hail the gods, Hail the glorious ancestors I have a healthy Girl may she grow strong and tall.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Booyeah now lets see if I manage to stick to this whole 30 today. My daughter was born last night. Everybody send mom and Daughter positive thoughts. Thora was born at 10 55 pm Jan 9 2013. 7 lbs 9 ounces and a perfect redhead. I have not had a chance to eat since yesterday morning. ( making breakfast now.) thank the gods for fasting.

Hail Odin, Hail the gods, Hail the glorious ancestors I have a healthy Girl may she grow strong and tall.
    Hello Warmbear!

Happy Heathen Halfling-Arrival!! Congratulations! And I definitely am sending your new one and her mama positive thoughts!! And a redhead, too?!?! Perfect! I almost had one - she was born with the darkest burgundy hair but lightened up to strawberry blond and now is old-gold-haired. Honestly excited for you!

Hang in there - I did a Whole30 back in October 2012. It almost killed me a couple of times, but in the end it was sooooo worth it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Warmbear! All the best to Thora and her mum and dad! I love the name. And now you have a new reason to be healthy and happy and full of energy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast