Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 8

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've just found your journal, Warmbear. Wow. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Welcome pretty Pagan lady. glad you liked it.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Torc is offline Member
    This very question plagues me on a daily basis and more so now that I am seperated and kidless.

I remember as a kid growing up as a pre-1840 historical re-enactor, being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I didn't have an answer for that because to me I was living it. I learned skills no longer utilized, camped more in a year than most would in a life time, and enjoyed good friends and times at camp. Between events was time spent in school and prepairing for the next event. I didn't think beyond that and looking back it was not a good thing.

I was a problem child and it took until I had my son to really become a responsible adult. I lived by the seat of my pants as it were till then. In the early years of my adulthood, I traded the musket for the sword, the loin cloth for the tunic, and donned armor. My life was pretty much the same, living to make it to the next week when I got to face off against others in the skills of the sword and of ground combat. That was my goal and drive.

Once my kids were born that changed alot, but once they were more independant, I was left with the question of what to do with myself. This got worse when the wife left with the kids. Being heathen that has more impact I think than on the average person, for if we are our deeds, then to do nothing is to be nothing. So I often sit and wonder what direction to take.

I focus on a few things, like getting situated in my new living arraingment and getting back on track with eating right, but it still doesn't help the need to have a focus on my life. I do, at times, try to fall back on things I did in the past to pass the time, but even that isn't successful.

I hate to ask but what happened that your wife would leave and take the kids?

BTW just because you dont see them, does not mean you are kidless and you must strive for your family regardless. My ex Gf tried to take my daughter away for good, I fought and won and have spent 18 years getting to know her. My ex wife tried to sequester my son in a Very christian like/cult like retreat so I could not see him. I fought and won. Now I see him every other weekend and all summer.

You are never out of options, never mind how you really screwed the pooch. Suck it up and be the man your kids deserve and build whatever bridge you have to brother.

Always loyal, always there, always love.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

So tonight I made soup. I had this idea see and decided to create something different. I roasted a pan of tomatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, parsnips and ginger. I covered them in olive oil and apple cider vinegar and salt and Vietnamese hot sauce and I then roasted them till crispy.

Once roasted I put them in a pot with a lump of butter and a can of coconut milk and blended the whole mess up with an immersion blender then I added 100g of chopped ham.

My wife was like uhhhh do you know what you are doing? Nope I says but it will be different I says. I offered her the first sip and she turned it down. (It was great btw) Because it is not in the joy of cooking, she does not trust it. so I ate it all meself.

Very tasty, OMG filling and well worth doing again on a larger scale.

that was 4 hours ago, I still feel like 2 bowls was too much.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Actually, it sounds to me like you do know what you are doing. Sounds great to me. Now excuse me, I have to go make me some soup!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Marvelous. Roasted veggie soup is great!

Happy new years folks. I am starting off my new year with a Whole 30 effort. I have gotten a little sloppy with my diet these last few weeks and it is time to buckle down and get rid of these last 40 lbs. I have been stuck round 260 for months now and I have been craving more food of late. I suspect I have not been eating enough and then eating too much when food appears again.

I work a fairly hard physical job and I suspect I need more carbs during some days than others or I start to feel weirdly sick to my stomach. In fact I think I might actually be hungry but I have never felt this before so I dont know. It is not a particularly bad pain, just a discomfort that becomes quite annoying. A gnawing sharp and unpleasant pain in my belly, not points lower which is what I always experienced. I am not doing the low blood sugar weirdness I used to have but I do feel tired when the cramping starts and I just want to sit down more. In fact this has made IF'ing almost impossible for now. It was easy to do when I was off work and had nothing but physio and walking the dog to do but now at work I just cant seem to make it work.

I do tend to be lazy in the morning and just make some (4) boiled eggs and butter for breakfast and that leaves me empty by 11 am then lunch is at 12 30 and though filling, it does not seem like enough so I am empty by 4. I get home at 6 and often am kinda ravenous.

If I make a veggie heavy egg fry up for breakfast instead and bring more veggies to nibble on, I dont get this running on empty sore tummy and tired's. I know I know the solution is simple. I just worry that I might be eating too much this way and if I eat too much I wont loose weight....

So the whole 30 starting tomorrow. Buckle down and get back to basics and straighten things out again, veggy heavy of course.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Actually Warmbear, your soup recipe IS in Joy of Cooking. Page 244 in my edition.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can go wrong eating more veg. You have to fuel yourself and work is work. It has to be your first priority, at least while you're there. It's great that you are turning to veg instead of doughnuts!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm thinking you might need a little more protein & fat. Just a guess.

I'm also working on getting back to basic primal.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast