Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 7

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I worked around dried fruit and nuts I would weigh 500 lbs. My kitchen is totally primalized, I'm not sure I could do it otherwise, although I love being primal.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    Ahh Saturday morning breakfast how I lurves thee. I had bacon and steak and eggs and sauerkraut I seriously wont eat again till tonight after that but mmmmmmm.

Today is the baby shower for the wife and I get to front my own family for the first time since I started this diet/lifestyle thingy.

I dont really like my family BTW, they are a bunch of "know nothing CW normals". One sister even accused me of photoshoping that last pic I posted as no one that eats the "suicide diet" I claim to follow will be able to loose weight. I am hoping to see her today so I can ask her how to use Photoshop on my body and I know she is looking forward to trying to humiliate me in front of everyone once the lie of my weight loss has been revealed to everyone. It is petty of me but am I looking forward to seeing the look on her face......

Yeah I have family issues.

And yes as one person msg'd me said, I do write with a strange turn of phrase. I use some odd words etc. for further comments see the title of the journal.
    Last edited by Warmbear; 11-10-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I cant read.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

So the baby shower went marvelously. My pain in the ass sister did not show. My mom was gobsmacked and you could see her trying to change gears. I wonder if she stripped any. I think My sister will get an earful.

We sat about and the women coo'ed over the cutesy baby shit and the guys sat there quietly looking bored and amazed that we had allowed ourselves to be talked into this idiocy.

My weight loss has pretty much stalled of late but I feel great so yeah no biggie. I think I will have to buckle down and start IF ing more regularly. Maybe go back to a few weeks of ketogenisis. Get it started again. I have discovered Korean sweet potatoes, gee I wonder what happened to my steady loss eh?

Also I am having a hard time keeping my head on straight. I met a woman, I swear the celestial fucking chorus of bells rang the whole time I was talking to her. Why is it I meet the perfect soul mate for me as decreed by the universe 2 years after I settled for a woman I can love enough and tolerate enough to be happy? We are expecting, this is good. Why? Tell me why? I am massively distractedly painfully in love with a woman I cant have, I dont want to loose my wife but damn you universe.

I was with my daughter when I met Rabbit, (yes her name is really Rabbit and as I am known as Bear, this seems perfect no?) Geordi heard the bells, saw my face and told me she heard bells when I looked at Rabbit then led me away as soon as it was polite to do so and gave me such a talking too. I have a smart kid I do but since Rabbit lives 5 minutes away from me I now see her all the time. .... I am dieing inside. Since when do jaded 46 year old men who have been around the block too many times fall in love like a teenager? I was past this I am sure. I was sure. I had hoped. assumed, given up hope take yer pick.

Bells for fucks sake, what is this a David Eddings novel?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

So tonight is a get together dinner with a Heathen group I want to get to know and decided to introduce paleo eating to these carbavores. I am making a pumpkin and pork and spinach curry with coconut milk. One of my favorite ways to eat pumpkin. Once it has simmered for a while it goes to mush and really thickens the curry around the pork and spinach. Pumpkin is the best source of squash like food I can imagine.

nummies.

good news as well, my wife has finally been scared enough by the chance of her having gestational diabetes that she is considering a more vegetarian form of primal eating. tee hee. She has culled the sugar the bread and especially the skittles from her diet and already is feeling better generally. I win.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Your last few posts make me want to laugh and cry at the same time! Life is so easy until it isn't...don't know why it is that way, but it is. FWIW, I think your writing is terrific. I enjoy the freshness and honesty that shines through.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Hey Warmbear, Interesting read you have going on here. Enjoy reading of your success. Congrats on the weight loss!! Great job! Love your sense of humor and turn of phrase. OBTW... Utilikilts are awesome!

I am now enjoying my first cold since going primal. it is a dozy. To whomever gave this to me, I wish you a debt ridden christmas, death, taxes more taxes and another painful death. May your squishy bits dry up and fall off.

that is all.

Last night I went to Walmart, somethings locally can only be had there so off I went. Not that I found what I was looking for but I found Lindt chocolate on sale. While waiting in line to pay I could not help but notice the woman in front of me, she was easily 200 lbs overweight but boy oh boy did she have a pretty face. She was pushing a cart with I kid you not at least 50 frozen rising crust pizzas.

I tried so hard not to say anything. I did. I tried. Hard.

Of course we got to chatting, I am such a flirt, will I never learn? I had to ask if she was in charge of pizza day at her kids school or something. Nope she says, she hates to cook and these are vegetarian pizza so they are healthier and cheaper than eating out. The box even said low fat. Must be healthy.

Cry and shudder. I think this is another example of how food has ceased to be held sacred by people. It has become a packaged convenience item. LEARN TO FRAKKING COOK YOU STUPID FAT BASTARDS........ sorry.

Hold your food sacred, cherish it and it will cherish you.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Last night I went to Walmart, somethings locally can only be had there so off I went. Not that I found what I was looking for but I found Lindt chocolate on sale. While waiting in line to pay I could not help but notice the woman in front of me, she was easily 200 lbs overweight but boy oh boy did she have a pretty face. She was pushing a cart with I kid you not at least 50 frozen rising crust pizzas.

I tried so hard not to say anything. I did. I tried. Hard.

Of course we got to chatting, I am such a flirt, will I never learn? I had to ask if she was in charge of pizza day at her kids school or something. Nope she says, she hates to cook and these are vegetarian pizza so they are healthier and cheaper than eating out. The box even said low fat. Must be healthy.

Cry and shudder. I think this is another example of how food has ceased to be held sacred by people. It has become a packaged convenience item. LEARN TO FRAKKING COOK YOU STUPID FAT BASTARDS........ sorry.

Hold your food sacred, cherish it and it will cherish you.
    Warmbear: I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. At first I laughed....and then I felt like crying. And then I just feel anger towards the fast food producers and all those in the supply chain that support the demise of the human race. And I could just feel your kindness towards this young lady and good for you for being so genuinely caring towards someone who just doesn't know any better. I'd be wiling to bet that young girl never had parents who cooked a decent meal for her while she grew up. And how sad is that. Better get my butt out of bed and off to work. Thanks for making my day today.

/Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How many people really know what it is that they are passionate about? Do any of us know what it is that makes us keep going besides a guilt ridden sense of obligation? I may have started to figure it out. I realized this today talking with my oh so lazy son.

He is 12, this is to be expected I suppose but he has no ambition no drive no worries that keep him up at night. His mother coddles him and I see him so rarely that I am more like a weird uncle he goes to hang out with than a father. I was asking him what he was passionate about and advised him to consider this and then when you know, go find a way to do that.

Then it dawned on me. I do know what motivates me. I do know what I am passionate about. I did not previously realize this but now that I know I know, I know. you know?

All my life I have had a sense of awed respect for the spirits all around us, they control the world and we can either respect them and work with them or disregard them and loose our sacred connection to the world around us and then loose the things we need to survive. If you dont respect your tools, they break, if you dont respect the environment around you it dies and if you dont respect your food, you die.

We no longer as a first world people hold the food we eat as sacred, Some of us do but most do not. It is just food, we can always get another pizza and beer until the day we cant. Food creation has dropped from our radar, our control, our production. It comes to us in boxes and bags. We dont grow it, have no idea what it took to make or where it was made or what is in it. Food such as it is has been taken over by big business and become a convenience item and we here know that will make you sick and fat but most people just glaze over and ignore me and my wacky rants.

What makes me passionate is opening someones eyes, showing them a new idea and watching it grow in them. I like helping people, frequently whether they want it or not. I believe I have been given a quest by the divine to bring this message to the greater world. I am going to do this by telling a story that I believe will spread of it's own. I also need to somehow make a living at this as well.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast