Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 5

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Thanks, Glad to know someone is enjoying this. For veggies I like spinach, I like peppers, zucchini, broccoli tomatoes, wild greens, Green beans, shrooms of many and varied kinds and of course onions and garlic.
    Those are terrific veggies. If you never tried another vegetable in your whole life, you'd be fine.

Chuckling at the idjit dog.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Hehehehe, this morning while walking my dog in the rain with my son, it has not rained here in weeks so I was not going to miss it. Anyways, I ran into someone I have not seen in a while who was gobsmacked by my weight loss and wanted to know what I was doing. Immediately my son goes "Ohh Noo" and gets this frantic look on his face. I get the feeling I have made him sit through this speech too often. However the lady I was speaking to had a million questions and liked what I had to say so maybe it helps someone to go on and on about MDA.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

So, I have been back to work for 2 weeks now. I hate it needless to say but it is good exercise at any rate. I have lost just 1 lb in the two weeks and I suspect gained a bit of muscle back. I have gotten my knee to the point where I can ride my bike to work a few times a week and my legs are getting stronger.

Gah this all reads terribly I know, my son is watching King Kong and I am distracted. I am now 290 and have been 3 weeks to drop 4 lbs, I get depressed with this slow and easy weight loss. I have also been cheating more than I should have, corn chips and good Potato chips, some nibbles of birthday cake etc. I am not ready to start working fasted yet, still hungry a lot at work but I figured as long as I am not nibbling all day on nuts etc I will still keep on as a net loss.

I am going to start saving for a new bike, I am looking at a recumbent so that I can ride with less back pain but in the mean time, the cycling is strengthening my knee and a 2 hour there and back commute is good exercise 3 times a week till the snow comes.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Torc is offline Member
    Hey Warmbear! Caught up on your journal, congrats!

Ya know, as I work during the day I have started to notice something new, my wrists are getting leaner, I can see veins and the curve and twist of muscles. I have always been a big powerful man but all of a sudden I find myself watching my arms to see the muscles move rather than just the bulge. I feel suddenly powerful in a way I have not felt since I was in the army, I want to growl and I have roared out loud when the urge hits. I feel like a predator of sleek power rather than a beer cooler.

This is good.

So I am now down to 275 lbs and the size 44 jeans I just fit into a month ago are getting loose again. This is good. My wife has decided that she will not knit me a sweater till I finish loosing weight and this is bad cause I am freezing all the time as fall progresses. I have lost all my insulation and am now longer a warmbear. I am a shivering bear most of the time. Is this normal? will I adapt or do all skinny people just freeze all the time?

It is nice to be able to bend over and not have the gut in the way of breathing etc but I now have these weird flubbery bits, soft and gooey and saggy all around my waist from belly button to happy stick. Where before, when I was big, they were much firmer, now it is like wearing a poorly inflated and really lumpy gooey feeling half inflated ring round my middle. It looks gross if you ask me and no I dont have pictures. ( that's a kink I am not into tyvm.)

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Warmbear!

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I've lost a bunch of weight and now I feel the cold more. I'm not used to it. I used to go through the winter (Connecticut) with short sleeves and a jacket and here it is the end of September and I'm in long sleeves and a jacket already!

But I guess getting a heavier coat is a small price to pay. Still it feels weird. Good luck!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

So a week ago I started having weird sick feelings and gassy cramps then the runs, it has been 8 days so far with the cramps and dashes to the washroom. There has been a big kerfuffle in Canada about a meat producer that screwed up and loads of folks have come down with E coli infections and I think I am one of them. Now my symptoms are pretty mild and I can keep functioning and working etc so I am not so very sick but it is worrying to my wife. She is preggers and prone to making a worst case scenario out of everything.

The weird part is during this whole time I have never felt such endless cravings for food as the last week. Not hungry but an almost desperate need to nibble, something crunchy and salty. I have been munching on raw broccoli heads dipped in home made bacon flavoured Hummus and so far I have eaten 5 bunches of the nasty stuff while at work. I hope this passes and I never have to eat another smidgen of broccoli again.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    The weird part is during this whole time I have never felt such endless cravings for food as the last week. Not hungry but an almost desperate need to nibble, something crunchy and salty. I have been munching on raw broccoli heads dipped in home made bacon flavoured Hummus and so far I have eaten 5 bunches of the nasty stuff while at work. I hope this passes and I never have to eat another smidgen of broccoli again.
    The runs will dehydrate you, so that might be why you're craving salt. Also, if you have been getting rid of your food almost right after eating it, it's no wonder you're hungry! This might be a time for a gentle dish of sweet potato, or even a white potato, or if you indulge, white rice.

Hope you feel better.

Mmmm a bowl of rice would be nice. I love rice, I miss rice almost as much as I miss corn chips.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast