Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 4

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    My pants fit. really they fit loose enough that I need a belt. I have been bubbling about this all morning. I love these pants, I missed them so much and held onto them in hopes of someday. well someday is here baby. The problem was that I have this fat roll right over my umm, right under my belly button. It makes pants fit weird, they hang tight right there in the zipper area. They Fit.

Today is a ranty day I fear. I saw some friends last night that wanted to know what I had done to loose so much weight and then were aghast at what I am doing. Apparently, did you know that eating fat will cause the fat to simply flow straight into your blood stream undiluted and clog up the works? fat does not digest, it just thickens the blood. hunh?

I love my people but they kinda Stoopid sometimes.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

So yesterday I went to the big local farmer's market in town looking for eggs and grass fed meat, grain free handmade snausages etc.

I was watching a woman make Fresh samosas and decide to have one. Just 1 mind you, it did not hurt that she was possibly the most beautiful Indian woman I have ever met. I have a weakness for big brown eyes, long black hair and that particular form of sari wrapped hourglass body that only Indian women seem to have. I could die happy if her softly accented voice was the last thing I ever heard, talking to her made my knees weak and my brain spark and sizzle.

I love good samosa, they were cooked in coconut oil and though it was a wee bit carby, it was worth it. Till this morning anyways because I woke up at six am with alarm bells going off in my lower tummy and almost did not make the run to the bathroom in time. I have not been able to get more than 2 minutes from the can all day.

Ohh do I feel awful, drank a litre of milk awful. There was potatoes, peas, spices and the pastry was a chickpea flour base. I dont get it, nothing in there should have made this happen, I feel so awful even my dog has the farts. I was fasting till I ate the samosa, probably 20 hours or so, then I had chicken and greens cold for dinner. I have not eaten anything since and wont bother till I feel better.

If samosas are no longer something I can have, my life will be just that much less worth living. Going PB has improved my quality of life immensely but it seems that I am loosing my tolerance for a lot of foods that are not PB. The list is of foods I cant tolerate at all is getting mighty long and this saddens me greatly.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Paleobird Guest
    That may have been a food poisoning episode rather than the fault of the samosa ingredients. Maybe the lovely brown eyed lady (or one of her kids helping out) didn't wash their hands. E-coli can be loads of fun.

Food poisoning usually makes me ill tummy first, this was all the other end. I get food poisoning very rarely as well as I expose myself a lot so I dont get sick.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Chick pea flour does the same thing to me. It always made me gassy, but when I dropped my general ill-health for feeling good, the impact really started to stand out. Now I get actual pains. So, no more falafel for me.

However, I am hopeful that after a couple of years of treating my body right, I will be able to have small tastes of things like that again. Here's to hoping.

I went back to the market today, spoke to the nice pretty lady, turns out she mixes condensed milk with the potatoes, her secret family recipe. ..... It was good, just did not enjoy the less than harmonious outcome. Outflow whatever.

On a downer er note. The doc says my knee is fucked, likely permanently. I will be wearing this brace for goodly and ever it seems. Sigh. Le sigh. actually the word I am looking for is FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! Just walking today was agony after about 2 hours wearing the effing thing. Of course it is getting wonky humid out and it looks to be a stormin outside any time so yeah my knee is all kinds of sore.

Yeah except for the never ending craving of carbs and bread especially, doing fine. Thankfully I was not a Veg something, life would not have been worth living without meat.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    You're doing such a good job of this! Your journal is a treat to read.

Are there any veggies you like beside potatoes?

I don't like cold veggies at all, but I do like them cooked. I really wasn't in the habit of eating greens at all, so I started throwing a handful into just about everything I make. They practically disappear in anything with tomato sauce. Strawberries and raspberries totally overpower their taste in a smoothy.

One thing I liked when I used to use oil was to take fresh spinach (but frozen will work) and saute it in a little bit of olive oil (or your oil of choice) with some tomatoes and a little garlic. That was tastier than I thought possible. Grate a little parm reg on top and it's even better.

I totally understand the whole veggie thing. I could go days without eating them if I didn't just make myself do so.

Keep up the good work!

Oh yeah, almost forgot - kill free butcher. hahahahahaha funny stuff.

Thanks, Glad to know someone is enjoying this. For veggies I like spinach, I like peppers, zucchini, broccoli tomatoes, wild greens, Green beans, shrooms of many and varied kinds and of course onions and garlic.

Idjit dog.... after my 2 hour dog limp, my knee still hurts. The idjit and I were relaxing in the shade of a nice big tree and I decided to try some pushups. No one was around to see me fail so why not, I says. The dog was lying there like a big ol lump so I said what the hell and started to do said push ups. I got tackled by the idjit who seemed to interpret my moving as an overture to play. He managed to twist my knee even worse than it was. My wife is laughing so hard that she cant breathe as I write this and I suspect she will be telling everyone.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast