Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 3

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    So this weekend was interesting.

Saturday was a potluck brunch at a friends place, soo much pastry and bagels and croissants and cheese and sugary drinks, I brought a baked crust-less quiche I made and fruit. I avoided the crap, but did not make it past the Pate. Goose liver, yumm.

Spent all day holding babies and letting their parents drink and smoke up in peace. I love babies, have I mentioned that? Something about this huge bear of a guy that kids just get. I think my son also met a girl.... 12 year olds are so cute when they realize that this girl is neat and spend all day ignoring everyone but her.

On Sunday we took the Boy to go see the boffer fighting up on Mount Royal, Oh the gleam in his eyes when he realized they would actually let you hit people with foam swords. Hehehe. It was hot, it was sunny and I spent all day shirtless and wearing my utilikilt. No sunburn. nice. Lots of dust, a bazillion students protesting the Quebec government and a picnic of cheese, sausage and fruit. Must have walked 4 or 5 miles.

Monday, being a Canadian national Holiday, I took me wife to the bird sanctuary down by the river and sat in the shade as people waddled by, pushing 4 year old kids in their strollers ( make 'em walk folks, sheesh this ain't rocket science). All day in and out of the hot sun, shirtless, just my faithful Tilley hat and kilt. No burn. Nice. ( I could get used to this ) The best part was that where we sat, soon filled up with Canada geese and their goslings. We were sitting there and there were 6 adult geese and 15 or so teeny chicks eating grass and bugs all around us. I could have touched them. I have pictures, it did happen. Food again was picnic style, brochetta and red peppers and more cheese and sausage.

Both days I had a whacking great breakfast omelet and Bullet proof coffee then nothing but the picnic nibbles.

Ok not exactly PB approved but not too bad, all in all. Must have walked more than 7 or 8 miles this weekend and with my bum knees, this is good.

I felt good, I felt strong and though I felt like nibbling all day I never went off the reservation.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

I find myself slacking off on veggies, I dont really like them and it is a real chore to eat them. I dont have a problem with fat and protein but veggies just seem to fall off the radar. Do other people have this issue? I am becoming a carnivore.

I also spend a lot of time hungry and not wanting to eat now because my wife will be home soon and I can eat then, with her. It makes her so happy to sit down and eat with me that I dont want to ruin it. Maybe I can work the veggies in during the day. hmmmm. Did I mention I find veggies gross?
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

I am coming to believe we in North America are in the middle of a massive spiritual crisis, it includes our world view, food, and connection to our world. I dont care what religion you follow if any, I do care how you experience life and the world. So many people see humans as separate from the world, they try to stay separate from the cycles of life and death and I despair that people just wont understand.

I met a lady recently that was ok with eating meat but not hunting, she could not stand the idea of eating meat that had been killed. She was ethical, she got her meat from the "no kill" butcher at her local mega grocery store..... You cant argue with ignorance like that, nor can you explain to them why they are misguided.

What can we do to bring ourselves and our culture to a better understanding of how the world works? Never mind fix things.

So today I am down to 304 lbs and my bp is 135/89. this all to the good. I am hoping with my reductions in BP, I will soon be able to stop the meds with are a huge expense and a pain in the butt.

I have lost 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks, nice hunh? Thats from somewhere far north of 350 lbs in Jan till now. At this rate I will be less than a year loosing it all. Weee.

I also find myself on days where I could care less if I eat and days where I cant stop wanting to stuff my face with EVERYTHING!!! Sweets especially, I guess the addiction to carbs will take a while to beat.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Hey!

Read your thread on the butter/ lactose intolerance issues, then noticed you left me a note that you're also from Montreal

Did you have any luck finding raw milk? That's supposedly a real possibility to consume dairy. I've searched high and low but without any success. I know there's apparently some farms or whatever, but I don't drive/ have car/ license... So, it's pretty frustrating.
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

No I have not been able to find anywhere that sells raw milk, if they exist, my wife says, they will be illegal. No raw milk sold in Quebec. It is bad fer ya apparently.

So this weekend past I decided to reward my weight loss a titch early, seeing as I was not to 300 exactly yet but close enough that I could take me son out for pizza.

I went and had a nice meat lovers pizza for dinner Saturday and have been watching what happened since. It was a 10 inch thin crust pizza, very light on sauce as it is stupidly sweet in this place and Montreal style meat lovers topping. I have had a bit more grumblies since then and a bit of gas but no outright upset, this is what I was worried about.

All in all the treat was a success and everything is good, today I went in and got measured again, 299 lbs 135/85 bp.

Come 250 lbs, I am gonna do a bucket of KFC with my son.

What I have noticed now is that after a few months doing this, is that I don't seem to have the same OMG I feel sick if I eat any grain based foods reactions. I can nibble a smidge of something as a part of my 20 % and not suffer for it. I am still loosing weight, I stay below 75 or so grams of carbs almost always and in fact frequently way way less. I still seem to be ketogenic as my breathe has that unwashed, leather pants wearing in the heat, ass flavour my wife loves so much. I suspect I am confused about how ketosis/fat adapted is supposed to work, I thought that once yer adapted, the smell goes away.

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to go?
    Last edited by Warmbear; 06-19-2012 at 01:16 PM.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Well, it's not bad for you at all actually. Very Primal and my suspicion is that most people are not "lactose intolerant" as much as they can't tolerate milk that has had the shit pasteurized out of it.

Anyway, I found this list recently and have been eating cheeses that are under 3% and had no problems.
    So if you really like cheese/ dairy, maybe this will help ya out:
    Lactose Percentages of Dairy Products
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Summer, ahh summer. So My son is with us for the summer, he is a 12 year old food vacuum and I am going nuts trying to keep him fed and away from sweets and bread. He is a fruit, bagel and rice-aholic I keep a pot of rice in the fridge for him.

My gods, he eats 3 times what I do in a day and he is 1/3 my body weight. I really cant afford to keep him eating PB like I do but at least the sugar is out.

His mom bakes cake for a living so yeah sugar is his buddy.

Can someone send me a care package? I am feeding him all summer and still sending his mom child support, how is this fair?

Gonna be a lot of stir fries this summer, I can tell.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So the Holiday season in July is over, no more long weekends at the in laws being force fed all weekend. I gained back 10 lbs in 2 weekends of all PB food but soo much of it, I am now back on track and have lost most of it and am back under 300 again.

How do you cope with working out in the heat? It is 95 to 100 degrees outside plus humi ditty. I can barely breathe never mind move quickly and standing upright is all it takes to get me sweating. The dog wont go for walks, the ground and grass is scorched and hard, my AC is all that keeps me going in this. Normal summer temps here is 75 to 85 not this uneasy bake oven.

On a positive note, being 60 lbs lighter this year makes it all that much more tolerable, at least I am not curled in a ball puking from the heat which is where I frequently was in previous years.

I have been rereading the PB. I suspect I have been getting lazy with the eating, meat and fat is so much easier and tastier than veggies and I have not been eating enough of them. I am working on correcting that again, and again and again..... Have I mentioned how much I dislike veggies? Ickky ickky pitang zooey.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast