Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 12

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey I'm baaack. To update, I am down again to somewhat less than 245 lbs, quite Likely a 40 waist now. I have not been a 40 waist in 25 years or better. Le sigh.

So to celebrate My son and I went this past Saturday to KFC and got a bucket of their delicious chicken, original recipe of course. I am ashamed to admit that I could eat only 5 pieces before feeling much too full. How embarrassing really considering they way I could pack it in once upon a day. My son of course refused to waste anything and had the rest. It was still so good, it was not gross as I had worried and frankly I had no ill side effects from this misadventure. I dare say my gut may be healed.

I was also celebrating of a sort the loss of my fracking asshat of a job that I had suffered for the last 6 and a half years. I hated that place but did not want to quit, they closed my whole dept, laid off more than half of the rest of the employees and are restructuring...

Still 6 plus years and I get a termination letter in my pay packet.. not a damn word from anyone and my boss who is on vacation in Morocco wont find out he is unemployed till he gets back later this week... The office staff said not a word to me nor would they look me in the eye as I handed in my time cards and keys.....

Still I can now take my summer Vacation, spend time with my son and new daughter, may even speak to my wife occasionally face to face as it were instead of shouting I love you as one of us runs out the door. Wont that be novel?

I get 4 weeks severance plus my 3 weeks vacation pay and time to relax and start looking for a new job.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Warmbear. Glad to hear you're still rockin' that way slimmed down bod.

Not sure whether to console you or congratulate you on the loss of the job, so: Sorry to hear about your job. Congratulations on getting out of that shit job!

Hope you have a blast of a summer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Warmbear, and welcome back! Sorry and congratulations on the job. I had a friend who went through a similar thing. When he got fired, he thought it was the end of the world, but as soon as he walked out of the building and realized that he never, ever had to go back into that soul-sucking place, he was on top of the world. Enjoy some time!

How about a pic of the little Grokette?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I have facebook pics but I dont have any online I can post. I have loads on my fb though. I am kinda dumb when it comes to computers.

my facebook is under the name RJ Bachner. feel free to look me up
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

I have noticed recently as I loose weight that I have become much more aggressive and anger quickly in a way I never did, well not since i was an 18 year old body builder on juice... My wife says I get very angry very fast when something stymies me and she is kinda worried about it.

I wonder if this is as a result of gaining confidence or of increasing testosterone, anybody have any suggestions?

How does one increase testosterone with diet and minimal exercise anyways?

She does not complain about all the side effects of this though....

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    If you are using a low-carb sort of eating, you might just have less serotonnin to make you mellow.

You may be experiencing increased testosterone, yep.

You might just have to develop some better anger management skills now that grain is not drugging you into apathy.

You mean Hulk Smash!!! is not an appropriate response to some git pissing me off? Now she tells me.

No before I would have shrugged and not said anything and just walked away, now I find myself standing up for what I want and I have invited more than a couple of fools to step outside if they feel so strongly about it. Laid one fool out cold just cause he took a swing at me, before I would have tripped and misdirected him and walked away. Man was that fun.

So while out walking today, damn is it hot btw even at 7 30 am, I stopped for an espresso at my favorite brulerie and while I was in there some guy comes in and asks if they know how to make a bulletproof coffee. He had heard about it and wanted to try it but did not know how to make one. I of course perked right up, get it? Perked up in a coffee shop??? ok fine anyways.

Seems the girl behind the cash was so grossed out at the idea when I explained how to make one that she had to go look up the recipe online just to see if we were for real. That led to a discussion of the paleo diet and of course being in the middle of a fracking hipster hood, like 3 people had to chime in and call us murderers and go vegan or die and other such idiocies.

The guy and I just looked at them, shrugged and we both said more real food for us. I think he will join us frankly, I sent him here and to Robb Wolfe. I may not be allowed back for all the ruckus we started and it apparently is a vegan hangout. I did not know that but I love their coffee anyways.

I should have known really what with all the skinny, frail looking hipsters that are always in there.. What is it with the waif look of some of these "men"?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    3 people had to chime in and call us murderers and go vegan or die and other such idiocies.
    Did they sprout wings and float above the fray on a cloud of their own self-importance? LOL.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I was a vegan, I would have NEVER said that to you. If you had explained to me that you were using grass-fed butter, and that you generally only eat REAL food, I would have complemented you.

However, my big "beef" with eating "meat" has been, and will remain, the cruelty and disgustingness of huge feedlot operations, and how large packinghouses and food processors are run. As a primally focused person, I STILL avoid that crap for what it is... an abomination.

Oh, and I was never "frail" as a vegan. I was a well-rounded, puffy marshmallow of a grain-fed animal.

I have bulletproof coffee most mornings.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast