Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 11

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Those are some beautiful daughters you have there, Warmbear! Keep fighting the good fight and Thora will grow up to be a primal princess, or maybe the Queen of Primalland.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Heya, me again, I forgot to add that I am stuck. My weight has not budged since Nov '12. I am wondering why. I have cut out dairy, all nuts etc and have switched over to a protein and veggie centric diet and let the fat percentage fall where it does. I have been following Robb Wolf's podcasts and his 1 gram of protein for every lb of body weight and all the veggies you can manage, which works out to about 32 oz of meat a day or rather meat and fish and eggs. I feel good and all but am not loosing weight.

I had to stop walking much or riding at all as winter set in and wonder if this might be just a winter doldrums kind of gig. I dropped 100 lbs between April and Nov and then nothing.

I have heard of calculating daily calories needed to loose weight as 15 cal for every lb of body weight you have, I assume that is not lean body mass but overall body weight? I am 260 lbs that works out to roughly 3900 cal which seems excessive and does not take into account daily activity. I work a hard paced physical job ( cabinetmaker) and this leaves me with precious little energy at the end of the day to work out. I lift more than 100 lbs many many times a day from various positions.

I am working up the nerve to run my numbers through fit day but am chicken.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry too much, warmbear... you've dropped a lot, and some of what your body has to do is reconfigure, heal, replace with good tissue, etc. I would keep doing what you are doing, as it sounds like you are eating right and working out. Give it at least as long as it did to lose that weight initially, then maybe start tracking/tweaking macros.

So, that was six months, and here we are, at close to six months again. I'd suggest waiting until after the weather warms, and you start getting more sunlight & outdoors activity, before panicking.

I should do some research and check this out, but I believe the 15 cals per lb is lean body weight, not total. I remember calculating this for myself a while back. Do you journal your food? I know it can be a pain, but it can also be eye-opening and a great tool. Paleotrack.com is really good for us primal folks. (I know you are rolling eyes, thinking, "Does this woman have any idea how busy I am? I don't have time for a freakin' food journal!")

And yeah, it is hard to lose weight in the winter. The body just doesn't want to budge. But with the warmer weather, those cells will give up their fat more readily.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah I have not been able to find any mention of the distinction. I dont journal my food and I would never have the time nor organisational skills to get there.

But I remember everything I eat.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Fracking snow...... Fek. Gobsmacking colly wobbles. Fek and bollicks. Well that and having to go to work in this asshattery.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Don't understand most of the language, but I sure get your drift, and I commiserate! Snowy here, too. Great start to spring, eh?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Fracking snow...... Fek. Gobsmacking colly wobbles. Fek and bollicks. Well that and having to go to work in this asshattery.
    While I feel bad for you having to deal with snow -- this verbal lash of un-profane complaint is EPIC!

Good. as it turns out I was nearly alone at work.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel the same way, although I don't have nearly your command of colorful language. Must memorize that epic piece! But I have heard the siren song of the plow clearing my driveway, so I'm off!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast