Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warmbears Journal, something odd this way comes. page 10

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay, Pops!!

Never too many redheads in the world!

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Booyeah now lets see if I manage to stick to this whole 30 today. My daughter was born last night. Everybody send mom and Daughter positive thoughts. Thora was born at 10 55 pm Jan 9 2013. 7 lbs 9 ounces and a perfect redhead. I have not had a chance to eat since yesterday morning. ( making breakfast now.) thank the gods for fasting.

Hail Odin, Hail the gods, Hail the glorious ancestors I have a healthy Girl may she grow strong and tall.
    CONGRATULATIONS Pop!!!!!! Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Warmbear! Post a picture when you can.

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    Heya well that was a month to remember. I did not loose any weight on my whole 30 other than the 10 lbs I gained for Christmas so net of 0.

Thora is now 4 weeks old, growing well and has mastered the art of diaper filling like a champ.

I saw my doc today and he was amazed that I have lost so much weight and is not dismissive of my path which is good. We discussed what issues I am having, agreed with me about what extra blood work to order and overall I am pleased.

I have gone back to IF'ing after my whole 30 but I am going to stay dairy free as I seem to feel better without it.

More to follow when I get my test results back.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Oh how I love Indian food. Took the wife and Cricket to a new Indian place and I have to say wow was it good. I managed to stay fairly primal I think and had Lamb Jalfrezi and Lamb Saag with rice. I did not eat the naan though I wanted to. I have never been to such a busy Indian resto, the wait staff were running like mad (and cute as hell said the wife).

The best thing though was great food at half the price of our normal Indian place.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on the familial addition, the net zero Christmas poundage, and the discovery of good cheap grits!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear from you, Warmbear, and also good to hear things are going well. Remember to give little Thora a lot of fat! Her little developing brain will thank you!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thora gets breast milk but I try to get her mom to eat well, she resists as hard as she can.

Ohh I dont feel good today. I picked my son up at the bus last night and took him out for pizza. I just ate the toppings and today I am kinda crampy and all my arthritis hurts..... it was soo good but damn I feel old today.

bleahh but tonight we having ribs. Yabbaa dabba doo.

Wow what a ride these last few weeks have been. Newborn, no sleep, I twisted my knee again and am gimping around and my knee brace is huge on me, need to go get it adjusted.

Babythoraandgeo.jpg

This is a pic of my Daughter holding my new daughter. (if it works).

I saw my doc and had a full series of blood tests done including crp and A1C. It is all to the better he says but Canada uses a different scale than the US and since I based my tests on Robb Wolfe's recommendations I dont quite know where I am at.

However My Trig is half what it was 9 months ago ( 1.27mmol/L to 0.69 ).

My HDL is up from 0.81 mmol/L to 1.15.
    LDL about the same at 2.72 mmol/L
    My TC/HDL-c ratio is down from 5.1 to 3.7. sweet.

My fasting glucose is down from 5.4 mmol/L to 4.7 mmol/L. Is this good enough or do I need to get it down more.

My CRP is 3.64 mg/L

and my A1C is 0.050 with no scale listed.

I would like if someone could translate this to American standards so I can see how I stack up with what Robb Wolfe says it should be.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Wow what a ride these last few weeks have been. Newborn, no sleep, I twisted my knee again and am gimping around and my knee brace is huge on me, need to go get it adjusted.

However My Trig is half what it was 9 months ago ( 1.27mmol/L to 0.69 ).

My HDL is up from 0.81 mmol/L to 1.15.
    LDL about the same at 2.72 mmol/L
    My TC/HDL-c ratio is down from 5.1 to 3.7. sweet.

My fasting glucose is down from 5.4 mmol/L to 4.7 mmol/L. Is this good enough or do I need to get it down more.

My CRP is 3.64 mg/L

and my A1C is 0.050 with no scale listed.

I would like if someone could translate this to American standards so I can see how I stack up with what Robb Wolfe says it should be.
    Can't do the American translation, but as a Canadian RD, I can tell you that those numbers are stellar! HbA1c is perfect, fasting is also perfect, elevated HDL are awesome, Tg also ideal. You can be some proud of those numbers!

And your new daughter is a treasure, and your older daughter is beautiful. What a lucky man you are, gimpy or not!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast