Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate benefits page 4

Jesster is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by hamstercaster View Post
    I usually buy Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate when it's on sale. I sometimes melt it and add almonds, pecans, unsweetened coconut, a bit of dried fruits from time to time, salt and cayenne pepper. Put it in the fridge for it to solidify and eat a piece a day afterwards. Yummy
    That idea is EPIC! That's it, I'm doing that tonight.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Another important thing about Cacao, is that it enhances the bioavailability nutrients of other foods, such as herbs specially. A blend of CACAO in its natural state with herbs is very nourishing/healing.

I always go for raw cacao powder, and raw chocolate bars at the health stores. The only ingredients I look for are wildcrafted cacao, or cacao, coconut sugar crystals or honey, (agave syrup last option), vanilla bean, and salt. It is delicious! I eat a whole bar on my training days.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally415 View Post
    Another important thing about Cacao, is that it enhances the bioavailability nutrients of other foods, such as herbs specially. A blend of CACAO in its natural state with herbs is very nourishing/healing.

I always go for raw cacao powder, and raw chocolate bars at the health stores. The only ingredients I look for are wildcrafted cacao, or cacao, coconut sugar crystals or honey, (agave syrup last option), vanilla bean, and salt. It is delicious! I eat a whole bar on my training days.
    Any brands you prefer? I've never paid attention to chocolate until this month, although I've always gone for highest % I could just because I like the bitter taste, but I'm buying a bar of pretty much anything someone says they like trying to find a few favorites of my own.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Yes! I'd love to share quite a few brands.
    So the first brand is created by Bethanne Wannamker, a holistic practitioner and superfood/wild food expert. I have not tried her "Goldies" chocolate yet but I'm going to order soon. I TRUST all of her products and love what she stands for. (I'm not a promoter or seller or anything of her products, I just really like her products) She uses raw pure cacao with blends like spirulina and other superfoods. Sweetens with raw honey.
    View Raw Superfood Chocolate by ediblegoddess on Etsy

The chocolates I usually buy at the the local health grocery stores are the raw organic brands such as these:
    Raw Chocolate Bars by LuLu's Chocolate - Shop Raw Chocolate - Organic Chocolate - Raw Chocolate Bar - Organic Raw Chocolate - Vegan Chocolate - Fair Trade Chocolate - Low-Glycemic Coconut Sugar Chocolate - Raw Chocolate (love this brand, and tastes really good)

Organic Raw Chocolates | Righteously Raw? (my favorite is the Acai, the caramel one doesn't really taste like caramel to me).

Oh, there is a 3rd brand I really like but I don't know the name of it and can't find it on google.

And last, Raw Vegan Superfood Products | The Bliss Bar I love their ingredients and found an awesome video on youtube about them and their products. They do amazing blends of wildfoods and herbs incorporated in the chocolate, but this is expensive for 3 bites of their chocolate, but it is so darn good!

I recently just found out about Sedona's chocolate, but haven't tried them yet. They have videos on youtube where they show how they process their raw chocolate with quality techniques to preserve optimal nutrition.

I find it cheaper to just dump raw cacao powder into my smoothies and mixtures to consume daily. I'll eat one of these bars once or twice a week to indulge

I usually opt for the raw chocolate bars at the local health grocery store. They will be at the "raw food section" with the raw energy bars and raw superfood powders, etc. I never buy chocolate with soy products, corn products, whey protein, brown rice protein, etc.

I do trust these raw foodies with their chocolate lol
    @ VIBRANTE

are you close to a Whole Foods? You should be able to find the Lulu's chocolate (2nd link) there.
    @ VIBRANTE

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I only eat baker's unsweetened chocolate with a bunch of salt on top
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally415 View Post
    are you close to a Whole Foods? You should be able to find the Lulu's chocolate (2nd link) there.
    I'll look for it tomorrow when I do my groceries
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

have you guys tried the one with bacon??
    @ VIBRANTE

biorbyt is offline Junior Member
    AS I know chocolate is good for your heart. A small bar of it everyday can help keep your heart and cardiovascular system running well. Hong compared white chocolate, which has no cocoa solids, to regular dark chocolate containing 70% cocoa.

jackwember is offline Junior Member
    Chocolate is good for the health there are so many benefits of Chocolate it reduce the blood pressure,it is one of the best to prevents from cancer,it fights against teeth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast