Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocolate benefits page 2

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    That's my favorite as well. Searched it out when I saw that Mark recommended it. Sure doesn't taste bitter like most dark chocolate with that high a %! But then, I don't eat it for taste. I keep it in the medicine cabinet! LOL

It's expensive at WalGreen's. I just bought a box of 10 from Amazon at a discount.
    I use 2 squares per day:
    42 calories
    3 carbs
    3 fat
    1 protein
    Today I actually found the converse to be true. Was at Walgreens getting a thermometer and I noticed that the high quality chocolate bars there were 2 for 3 dollars (maybe you had to have a Wal-friend card or whatever they call it though). Thought that was cheap compared to what I've seen at a grocer. Didn't buy any though.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Found Black & Green 85%, at Walmart for $2.79 each.
    Last edited by Chatty; 05-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate fights against tooth decay

Lies. Chocolate is HIGH in phytic acid. It is a bean. It has many other plant toxins like all other seeds, legumes, kernels, nuts, grains and whatever else the reproductive thing of a plant is called. It doesn't want to be eaten, period.

Chocolate will make the tooth fluids run the opposite way, discolor your teeth and eventually start a small cavity. Chocolate is extremely BITTER in its natural state, only when binding it with other 'agents' and sugar is when it becomes palatable to us.
    Go buy 100% cocoa and try and eat it...you'll see.

(Ramiel Nagel, Cure Tooth Decay)

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

dantonn9 is offline Senior Member
    There's only one store in my area that carries the Black & Green chocolate, but the highest % is 70%. I bought it because I'm still enteringthe world of dark chocolate, so I need to work my way up with higher %. Anyway, I found Lindt chocolate that goes up to 90%, but wasn't sure on the quality. I know I can order online, but money is a big factor for me. I'd rather just not have the chocolate and spend my $ on more meats and veggies. If the Lindt is good quality though, I would buy a bar because it will last me awhile as I don't have it every day.

So can anyone give me advice/ opinions on the 90% Lindt?
    Danni

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    85% cocoa Lindt for me. Or EV coconut oil mixed with unsweetened cocoa + stevia. Sometimes I'd throw some all natural almond butter into the mix.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    Lies. Chocolate is HIGH in phytic acid. It is a bean. It has many other plant toxins like all other seeds, legumes, kernels, nuts, grains and whatever else the reproductive thing of a plant is called. It doesn't want to be eaten, period.
    Chocolate is not a legume. It is a fruit. It has phytic acid, but phytic acid is overblown. It's an issue if the staples in your diet are oatmeal and wheat like most Americans, but we're not consuming 35% daily calories in chocolate. Phytic acid is a very potent anti-oxidant. Like anything else, phytic acid is only a problem if you consume TOO MUCH of it. Small doses of phytic acid seem to be anti-inflammatory and can actually be good for you, especially in a mineral rich Primal diet where heavy metal toxicity is more of an issue than the SAD.

Phytic Acid: Healthy or Harmful?
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 05-11-2012 at 06:49 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclrc View Post
    Um, you seem to have inexplicably missed the most important benefit:

Chocolate tastes great and makes you feel happy
    ding ding ding ding WINNER!!!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i'm an unapologetic fan of 77% chocolove. not bitter enough for you? that's fine, i could eat this morning, noon and night (oh wait, i do).

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I just done an Iherb order for 88% chocolate. It was the darkest I could find.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast