Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close

Thread: BW routine

BW routine

Shop Now
    Hi everyone (I appologise for my English):

I came across this site while looking for BW exercises. I am currently rehabilitating from a cuff/subacromial impingement: I have been building reps very slowly and carefully and, although my sholuder is not completely well, I reached 4x10 pullups (chins, really, elbows hurt with neutral/pronated grip) and 4x15 push ups with plenty of rest between sets (in fact, what I do is 4 SS of chin/pushups).

I want things to get more spicy. ¿what program do you suggest? I am already aware of simplefit and the variant primaltoad proposed. ¿any more?

thank you in advance.

Durango, Colorado
    You can try concoct conditioning,the pbf fitness, or look at Al Kalvido(sp?)web page
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

All of these are progressive systems which should allow you to strengthen and rehab the entire muscle group while building strength.

For the Primal Blueprint fitness E-Book:
    (Mark Sisson) Primal Blueprint Fitness | Mark's Daily Apple

For "The Definitive Guide to Pull-up Bar Calisthenics"
    Raising the Bar (Al Kavadlo): Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! » Raising The Bar: The Definitive Guide to Pull-up Bar Calisthenics

For Bodyweight work in general:
    Convict Condtioning (Paul Wade):
    Convict Condtioning 2(Paul Wade):
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
    2013: 1/27 190~20%

Shop Now
    Thank you for your prompt replies.

I've already read PBF and CC1 (I went quickly throug CC2).

To be more specific, what I am in search for is a program that deviates from straight sets and mixes/revolves reps, exercices, volume and applies some sort of progression and periodization beyond adding a rep each workout.

Just in case someone can benefit from this thread, I list what I found so far:

Mark Lauren's "You are you own gym" Welcome to You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises by Mark Lauren
    Ross Enamait's "Never gymless" - Never Gymless
    Pavel Tsatsouline's "Naked warrior"