Thread: How much meat per day? page

Bjmedd is offline Junior Member

How much meat per day?

Primal Fuel
    I've gone through a lot of info on MDA, I've seen conflicting info on how much of what. I read 4 oz a day max of meat, then I read eat what you want. How many eggs a day? I'm confused also about dairy intake. Lots of primal success stories have cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt every day. I'm a former vegan trying to figure out how to make the switch and finding *too* much information and lots of it conflicting. Lastly, quinoa.., yes or no?

tj_card is offline Member
    I just usually eat about 4 eggs a day with bacon and two good meat meal (roughly 7 oz to 10 oz) with vegetables and make and extra portion for the lunch the following day. I have cut out dairy for now. I am 22 lbs down and 3 weeks in.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Ballpark 1g protein per pound of lean body weight. That's your weight minus your fat. And that's grams of protein not grams of meat. As many eggs as you want. Quinoa may be okay but don't use it as your protein. You need complete protein.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

vishnuns39620 is offline Junior Member

Question I'm not dropping weight, but looking better

Quote Originally Posted by tj_card View Post
    I just usually eat about 4 eggs a day with bacon and two good meat meal (roughly 7 oz to 10 oz) with vegetables and make and extra portion for the lunch the following day. I have cut out dairy for now. I am 22 lbs down and 3 weeks in.
    I am following a similar diet as you TJ, but I'm finding my weight rather constant around the 215 mark though I look a lot leaner. Its been about 4 weeks now; Anything I should be looking into? I have 2-3 eggs, 2 nice Salads with Ranch dressing & a couple of fruits. I'm 6"3 . Thanks!

PS : I ate 2 lbs of Grass Fed beef last night & it was great! But I guess thats not a sustainable amount to eat in a day!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I think I'm eating about 12oz of meat every day, along with plenty vegetables and starchy carbs. I recently dialed back my heavy lifting to 1-2x/week, and I'm a 5'4" girl.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Most of a pound, at a minimum. That's when I'm not trying to bulk up.