Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping there's a doc on here that can help me... page

lolawolf is offline Member

Hoping there's a doc on here that can help me...

Shop Now
    I have no insurance, and whenever I go to see a doctor anyway they tell me I'm fine.

I know I can't get blood tests done over the net but I'm wondering what feedback I'll have from honest people based on my symptoms.

The past week or so, maybe a little more, I've been having bouts of extreme dizziness, nausea, motion sickness, and headaches. I'm not pregnant according to a pregnancy test taken in the morning when my prego hormones would be at their peak in my urine. I'm not exercising any more than usual. I think the leptin reset made me sick because of trying to eat so much protein at once but I felt bad before that which is why I tried it but it made me feel worse. Now, I feel much worse than when I started eating Primal and I really wish I could feel better.
    All I wanted was to lose weight and feel like I did a couple years ago - I felt awesome&full of energy - and right now I feel like going to bed and never waking up because I'll just feel as bad as I do now.
    Even when I close or move my eyes right now I feel even more dizzy.

I should mention that I had been constipated since I started the leptin reset, tried milk of magnesia a couple days ago, pooped a few times yesterday, all liquidy stools, pooped like 6 times today, all liquidy, and the last time i went it was unusually dark.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get ideas from people. Ideas on what could be wrong&how to fix it. I read my spleen qi could be outta whack and that it could be an ulcer - I'm hoping that's the worst case scenario, but like I said, I don't have insurance, so I guess I should go to the free clinic but I don't think they do blood tests so they may not be able to help me as much as I need it?

I don't know what to do, I've had a difficult time with primal considering i wasn't losing weight at all, I'm still not, but I am losing inches, very slowly... frustrating. I also thought I was supposed to be feeling better so now I feel like I might throw up.

Anyway, I would really like some help. I really wish I could afford health care, haha. Til then, maybe my fellow primals could give some feedback? I feel like I may faint if I get up too fast. =S
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Wow, sorry to be harsh but GO TO THE DOCTOR.

This isn't a long term issue from what you've said, so doctor's telling you "you're fine" doesn't apply to issues as serious as extreme dizziness and vertigo.

There are so many different problems that have these symptoms, everything from an inner ear infection to a stroke. Seek medical attention.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

I wish I could go to a doc to see what they say but it's kinda hard when we don't have any extra income for it and apparently we make too much for the state to help but not enough for medical care
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    if you haven't recently stopped taking antidepressants then i have no idea

other than to go to the emergency room and make payments each month
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Are you taking in LOTS of water. Pale-style eating requires more fluids than higher carb eating. Constipation can result from dehydration. Dizziness, vertigo, nausea and headache can also result from dehydration. I once had a bout of vertigo (following a long hike in hot weather where I got dehydrated) that lasted for several days with SEVERE dizziness and nausea. It resolved itself after a few days with increased water intake. Maybe you will be lucky and it will be something as simple as dehydration.... Taking Milk of Mag will cause very dark colored stools.

Yes I've been drinking a lot of water well a lot of water for me. For a few days I was only drinking like a liter - my drink from a 2L water bottle so I'd only have about 1/2 of it cuz I was busy so didn't think about drinking, plus I wasn't thirsty til recently and now it's like no matter how much water I drink, it's not enough even though I get full and sick from water.
    Oh does it? Ok I'm glad someone told me that about the MoM cuz the dark stool thing scared me a little
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Here's a long shot....

Try Dr Wilson's test on this site to see if you have adrenal fatigue.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    don't know your location, but you might try a free clinic.

we had one in our former home town of phoenixville, pa, which was great. you could get anything done there (dental included) and pay what you can afford, barter, or get free care. and, it was available to *anyone*. we never needed it, but several of my friends did and we supported it the best we could (i did some fund raising).

i don't know if there is one in your area, but it's worth a look.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Are you still doing that leptin reset? I would ditch it immediately and start eating fruit. What are you eating?
    Though it sounds likes it's probably beyond that now and you really need to get to the doctor.

The free clinic around here (I'm in a small town a couple hours away from seattle) does dental but you only get one voucher for a free pull. I'm not sure if they do blood work but it doesn't hurt. I just don't want them to say oh well we don't know what's wrong with you so take these drugs! I don't like that idea at all...

No I stopped doing the reset to the letter, but I was still trying for a high protein breakfast and no snacking. Actually I feel kind of dumb now because that's what I was doing before I tried the reset. I just thought maybe het 50g of protein for breakfast would help something but it didn't. I could barely eat half of that, didn't matter what it was, and I felt sluggish&sick to my stomach... Like the thought of food just made me want to puke. It was awful.

So, I'll try the free clinic today. It's a beautiful day so I'll take my son to the park too to get some exercise in. I'm kinda worried thought because I still don't feel well so maybe I should stay home and rest... but it's so nice out =/

I had some watermelon last night and it was really good, I had been craving it for a couple days. I'm thinking I should just eat veggies&fruits for awhile and then meat when I crave it? It feels like everything I eat with all the fat and protein is just slowing my mind and body down&maybe having something lighter will help me feel better?
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast