Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping there's a doc on here that can help me... page 2

lolawolf is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    By the way, very sleepy this morning just like every other morning. We had to wake up a little earlier - 7am - so I could take my husband to work. I ended up taking a nap yesterday but it didn't help anything. I think it just made me feel groggy&my brain felt even more foggy. So any time I nap it doesn't make me feel refreshed and it doesn't matter if I sleep 6 or 8 hours I still feel unrested. It's very frustrating. I've tried melatonin but that just makes me feel groggy when I wake up.

I'm really wondering if I should just be a fruitarian again lol I felt really clean (if that makes sense) and very alert&happy.I also got really skinny.

Just a thought lol
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Try planned parenthood- you can at least meet with an MD for @ $100. They can probably draw blood and test- just ask.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Go to the emergency room, they will do blood tests on you there.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    And get insurance. Mine runs $125 a month with $3500 deductible. You need it. You never know what can happen.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I don't know if your "low carbing" right now, but please don't. I would suggest you eat at least one serving of meat/protein a day if you aren't used to eating it regularly, but otherwise indulge in fats and veggies and fruits as much as you need to feel satisfied every day. This is just a suggestion so that your body is at least well maintained nutritionally while you figure out what's going on.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lolawolf View Post

I had some watermelon last night and it was really good, I had been craving it for a couple days. I'm thinking I should just eat veggies&fruits for awhile and then meat when I crave it? It feels like everything I eat with all the fat and protein is just slowing my mind and body down&maybe having something lighter will help me feel better?
    Don't know about other fruits and veggies, but watermelon is a good clue~ Watermelon - The Iron Fruit - Softpedia ~ maybe your electrolytes are off, or maybe your iron is low~ I agree with the doctor visit, but also, if your body wants watermelon, go eat more!

lol we don't have the money for insurance.

I was getting out of my car a little earlier and there were like... black spots in my vision. I guess I can describe them like that. Also wondering if I'm anemic. I heard once that an easy way to tell is to look at the flesh under your lower lid. If it's pale then you're anemic. Anyone else hear this?

I've been eating primal for over 4 months I think, probably longer, so I do eat the meat&the fat. I just haven't been doing fruit because I didn't know if m body was "ready" I guess. I was waiting to see if I could lose weight first from doing low carb. I had done atkins - no weight loss at all - trying primal and even after 4+ months I have 4lbs of weight loss and a few inches lost altogether. It's been depressing.

Since it's been sunny though fruit salad sounds really good. All I have are apples&I was going to use them to make applesauce for my son. I could eat one. Really wish we had more money lol Man bein poor is a drag.
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

The personal watermelon we got was $3 at safeway. Not sure how much it was at walmart but QFC was selling them for $5 each. Woohoo for scrounging around for change! lol

Banana and coconut water sound AMAZING right now lol

Oh man.Just went to get up again&got really dizzy and nauseous. This really sucks. Definitely hittin up the free clinic today but that won't be until 4 where I wait in line until 5 or 6 I think. Gonna eat some breakfast and see how much that helps. Oh I need to feed the baby too lol

I don't even know what to try to eat. I have chicken and spinach in the fridge but I was thinkin I should make roasted veggies today.Ooooo I could make an omelette and make my son some scrambled eggs at the same time!

Hoping I feel better after food...
    Last edited by lolawolf; 04-23-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 11/12 - 150ish

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You're probably just low on electrolytes if coconut water, bananas and watermelon are calling your name. If you really are that poor, depending on where you live, what I would do is set out on my bike and look for fruit hanging over the fences. Look for alleys and bike paths that run behind people's back yards. Spend your money on a bag of potatoes and liberally salt them when you eat them.

Don't fear the free clinic. I used to use them a lot in my younger years. The doctors there usually have regular practices but feel conscientious enough to give back to the community a few hours a week at the clinics.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Linny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are you 100% sure you're not pregnant? You said you tested but how long has it been since your last menstrual cycle? It took me 6 weeks to get a + for each of my pregnancies even with the ones labeled 'early pregnancy tests'. Your exhaustion and other symptoms sound very much like early pregnancy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast