Thread: 2 Crossfit Workouts a Week enough? page

Thechangeineed is offline Junior Member

2 Crossfit Workouts a Week enough?

Shop Now
    If I'm striving for 30 lbs of weight loss, is doing Crossfit 2 times a week along with sprints and my slow paced 2-5 cardio hours a week enough? Are most Crossfit people out there doing 3 a week?

Michelle

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    That would be plenty
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    More than enough, I would say.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    More than enough, I would say.
    echo. I'd concentrate on getting more sleep; and staying reasonable with your eating strategy.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I think it would be OK, I am doing it 5 times, but 2 of those were strength sessions only, the other 3 were WODS. I wasn't doing anything else.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    You would be better off lifting heavy weights and doing HIIT for your cardio. Crossfit is too cardio intensive and can cause your body to store body fat for energy to use for the long sustained intense cardio sessions. Its actually pretty hard on the system as a whole. Im going to assume that because you are looking to loose 30 pounds that your 30 pounds over weight and probably at the very least slighty insulin resistant. Steady state cardio, especially high intensity steady state cardio (crossfit), is not the most effective way to lower your fat percentage. Its a pretty good way to hurt yourself though so be careful.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    You will hurt yourself at CrossFit if you don't have a good coach that focusses on form.
    Yes its cardio intensive but the workout time is short. THe longest workout ive done was 54 mins but it was a special one. Normally they are 10-20 mins of actual work, after warmup, stretching and practicing skills.
    With the right coach, Crossfit is an awesome workout. Do you not know that Cf also involves lifting heavy? We also sometimes to tabata style workouts.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    You will hurt yourself at CrossFit if you don't have a good coach that focusses on form.
    Yes its cardio intensive but the workout time is short. THe longest workout ive done was 54 mins but it was a special one. Normally they are 10-20 mins of actual work, after warmup, stretching and practicing skills.
    With the right coach, Crossfit is an awesome workout. Do you not know that Cf also involves lifting heavy? We also sometimes to tabata style workouts.
    echo. I happened to listen to the snippet detailing why Rob Wolf broke ties with the big CF association; it was over this very issue: proper coaching/progression.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123