Thread: Vibram's KSO Trek, I got a guy's size page

Athena is offline Senior Member

Im a size 40, And I really wanted some KSO Treks since Im a big hiker, But they don't make a women's size. Do you think it is ok that I got a guy's size 40 in the Treks? I mean the length is the same...have any of you girls done that?

DrLime is offline Junior Member

Your feet are probably going to turn into men, now.

NicoB is offline Senior Member

Her feet?

If you wear those shoes you'll grow an adam's apple and become a dude!!!

lol...

It makes no difference. But if you can find a place that sells them locally, and try them on before you buy it might be beneficial (just in case the "men" shoes are wider or... whatever).

In the living barefoot podcast they were talking about the (minor) differences between the Moc and the Performa, and the reviewer said if you prefer the men's VFF just do it.

I figure it is the same for the KSO Trek.

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

LOL Ill turn into a guy?! Ahh! haha I wish they made a women's trek but they dont so I really had no choice. I dont believe a regular KSO would work for my rugged lifestyle. lol There is no where around here that have them to try on but I ordered them online and I suppose I could always return them if they are too wide.

schadowrider is offline Senior Member

I happened to be poking around their site when I came across this info. While not exactly addressing your situation (below is addressing if your foot size is outside the available F/M ranges), the following from the Vibram FAQ page seems to suggest you have a good chance of finding a pair of Trek's that will work for you but you might need one size down in a man's style (that being said, it looks like 40 is the smallest Trek -- maybe you could use them with the injinji socks if they're a bit big?):

"I'M A MAN; CAN I WEAR WOMEN'S SIZES? (OR, I'M A WOMAN; CAN I WEAR MEN'S SIZES?)

We have recommended many male consumers to try on a female size FiveFingers and have had great success. The only difference between a male and female FiveFingers is that, male "lasts" are slightly wider and longer than the female models. If your foot is smaller than the smallest male size, certainly try on a female size based on your measurement in inches --you may have much better luck! Alternately, if you are a woman and your foot is bigger than the largest female size, we encourage you to try one of our Menís models based on your foot measurement in inches."

And according to their size conversion chart, a women's 40 is for a foot length in the 9 5/8" to 9 7/8" range; a men's 40 is for a foot length in the 10" to 10 1/4" range -- a bit longer (and per above, a bit wider) than the women's 40.

wow thanks for the information! My foot is 10 1/8'' so I got the 40, im just worried about it being too wide, i have a pretty narrow foot. I suppose we will see when I get them this week!

schadowrider is offline Senior Member

Good luck on the fit! They do seem to accommodate a wide range of widths. Let us know how you make out; will be good to know should my wife ever decide to try them out.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Yeah I am on the small side of "A" width and the mens were way too wide (flipper-like if you will) when I tried them on (Also a 40). Womens were great with the correct strap tightening.

And if your feet turn into men, I want a pic!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

AAAHHHH I hate you! I want those!

Just kidding about the hate! I really wanted the black treks, but no one in my city has my my size. Even the black KSOs are sold out everywhere!

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999